What type of coral?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bb2jdm

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi I'm new to coral and I bought three frags couple of days ago but I forgot what they are. I kno one is acan's. The other two I think are zoa's and other ones are polyps?

Attachments

• image-971463105.jpg
    image-971463105.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 75
  • image-4105567735.jpg
    image-4105567735.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 73
The 2 in the pics are def. zoos but I don't see the acan
And it's hard to tell you which ones you have because there are so many types and ppl tend to name them whatever they want most of the time

I didn't post a pic of the acan's. So there's both zoa's?

I agree with mrc they are very nice zoas what did you get the frags for? If you don't mind me askin

Thanks Guys. I got it bc I want to learn more about coral. I learn better by doin than to just read about it. Even tho I have been reading a lot about corals. What supplements should I b giving? I only have a 14g biocube. I have a clown, yellow watchman, pistol, and little critters. I need to beef up my cleaner crew tho bc I only have hermits and one turbo. I was doin erase arch and a lot of ppl like the b-ionic supplements but idk.

The b-ionic is a good supplement but then again everyone has their own opinions on what they think is better

True. I think im gonna give it a try.

Bb2jdm said:
True. I think im gonna give it a try.

With out having any sps or lps there should be no need to dose anything just do weekly water changes with reef salt and Ro/Di water and your levels should he fine.

He has zoas and an acan and maybe more for all we know so dosing will help with the growth of your corals

Yea ama start using reef salt when I finish the regular one. Thats all I have for coral in my tank. And a curly cue anemone. But that's guys you've been helpful. Good lookin out.

We try to help and if you have any further question just post and well do our best to help

Rich440 said:
He has zoas and an acan and maybe more for all we know so dosing will help with the growth of your corals

Dosing isn't needed in a properly maintained tank until your corals are depleting the alkalinity and calcium from the water faster then your wc can replace it. Most people won't need to dose honestly and if they do its to keep elevated levels which is walking a fine line and only should be done with frequent testing and a pretty sound knowledge of the water make up.

Back
Top Bottom