90 Gallon Freshwater Planted Tank Setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SgtSparkles

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Finally got this setup cycling. Went with a gallon of starter bacterial culture. Already chewing through ammonia like a champ.

Hit the send button too fast...
What kind(s) do you have in QT?

One convict, one yellow lab, and one blue and orange peacock. The orange peacock might not be mine but the lfs says the woman who called dibs on him can't handle him and has a mixed 29 gallon which sounds like a disaster. So I'll likely end up with him

Last edited by a moderator:
One convict, one yellow lab, and one blue and orange peacock. The orange peacock might not be mine but the lfs says the woman who called dibs on him can't handle him and has a mixed 29 gallon which sounds like a disaster. So I'll likely end up with him

29G seems like too small of a tank. I haven't been around the serious Cichlids but have seen some pretty amazing looking tanks of the fish before.

Will be interesting to see what comes of it. You have lots of room.

29G seems like too small of a tank. I haven't been around the serious Cichlids but have seen some pretty amazing looking tanks of the fish before.

Will be interesting to see what comes of it. You have lots of room.

Exactly. He should come home with me. I let my fish guy know I got dibs cause he's too dominant to be in a mixed 29.i got 3 times the volume and if he still caused problems I got other tanks

Sounds like a sound argument. There should be more of those fish at the lfs's over time though if it doesn't go your way. ;) But it should!

Back
Top Bottom