Cherry Shrimp feeding time and the 10g jungle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jefferzbooboo

Aquarium Advice Freak
Feeding time for the shrimp and the tank they're in.

Attachments

• shrimp.jpg
    shrimp.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 282
  • myplantedtank.jpg
    myplantedtank.jpg
    250.5 KB · Views: 195
They usually get spoiled with frozen foods, I have picky CPD's in with them that will only frozen.

I'm getting ready to start a 10g shrimp tank. I'm tired of plain ghost shrimp lol, although they are fun to watch. RCS or CRS is what I'm thinking. So, I'm curious how you started your "shrimp jungle." What substrate are you using and are you using liquid ferts, CO2, etc? I've been timid on starting a planted tank, but I know my shrimp will benefit from it. I kind of want to stay away from CO2. That's my main setback, or else all my tanks would be planted! Lol. Thanks in advance! :D

Also, how the heck do you vacuum a "jungle?" Haha.

Ceej said:
I'm getting ready to start a 10g shrimp tank. I'm tired of plain ghost shrimp lol, although they are fun to watch. RCS or CRS is what I'm thinking. So, I'm curious how you started your "shrimp jungle." What substrate are you using and are you using liquid ferts, CO2, etc? I've been timid on starting a planted tank, but I know my shrimp will benefit from it. I kind of want to stay away from CO2. That's my main setback, or else all my tanks would be planted! Lol. Thanks in advance! :D

Its not hard to have a nice planted tank without co2, depending on what kind of plants you stock it with.

Ceej said:
I'm getting ready to start a 10g shrimp tank. I'm tired of plain ghost shrimp lol, although they are fun to watch. RCS or CRS is what I'm thinking. So, I'm curious how you started your "shrimp jungle." What substrate are you using and are you using liquid ferts, CO2, etc? I've been timid on starting a planted tank, but I know my shrimp will benefit from it. I kind of want to stay away from CO2. That's my main setback, or else all my tanks would be planted
10g
Black Flourite sand covered with Tahitian Moon Sand
Lights: 2 CFLs in the 6,500 range
Flora:
Chain Swords
Bacopa
Ludwigia repens
Ludwigia "red"
Java Moss
Taiwan Moss
Christmas Moss
Myriophyllum mattagrossense
Crypt. wendtii Mi Oya
C lucens
C retrospiralis
Etc...

Liquid Ferts, DIY Root Gel Caps, NO CO2

Ceej said:
I'm getting ready to start a 10g shrimp tank. I'm tired of plain ghost shrimp lol, although they are fun to watch. RCS or CRS is what I'm thinking. So, I'm curious how you started your "shrimp jungle." What substrate are you using and are you using liquid ferts, CO2, etc? I've been timid on starting a planted tank, but I know my shrimp will benefit from it. I kind of want to stay away from CO2. That's my main setback, or else all my tanks would be planted
10g
Black Flourite sand covered with Tahitian Moon Sand
Lights: 2 CFLs in the 6,500 range
Flora:
Chain Swords
Bacopa
Ludwigia repens
Ludwigia "red"
Java Moss
Taiwan Moss
Christmas Moss
Myriophyllum mattagrossense
Crypt. wendtii Mi Oya
C lucens
C retrospiralis
Etc...

Liquid Ferts, DIY Root Gel Caps, NO CO2

I realize it wasn't MY Shrimp Jungle you were asking about LOL I'm just used to calling mine that ;) The OP's tank is a good one as well. The more Shrimp Jungles the merrier.

Shrimp jungle!!!

Attachments

• image-4181707720.jpg
    image-4181707720.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 112
  • image-2939710992.jpg
    image-2939710992.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 140
Thank you, Coursair. I appreciate the info. :D

I used a bag of Caribsea Floramax, Root Tabs, Flourish, Flourish Excel, DIY Co2, cheap incandescent hood with 6500k 13w CFLs, and an Aquaclear 20. I do 25% weekly water changes and never vac the gravel.
I trade in my Cherries, CPD's, and Rabbit Snails in at the LFS for credit, I've gotten probably half my corals in my reef tank off the stuff breeding in this tank.
For the DIY Co2 I use a Hawaiian Punch bottle and it lasts usually around 2 months, takes about 5 minutes to mix up a batch. Don't do the cheap paintball Co2 method, I had a bad experience and it's very dangerous.

I ended up pulling a lot of the anacharis and got some more plants. I'm not sure what I got for plants, bought a low light assortment off of Aquabid, so I'm waiting for things to grow out to rearrange. Here's a revision. Sorry for the poor picture, I can never get FW pics to come out right.

Attachments

• planted.jpg
    planted.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 140
I love a shrimp only jungle, yours looks great!!! I just trimmed down mine. The hubby and I are in discussions about getting a larger tank for my shrimp. Keep your fingers crossed that I win the discussion!!!

Back
Top Bottom