crabtank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tukker

Aquarium Advice Activist
Heya people, this is my new project. I know, its not actually fish. but since they need water and most of their related species live in water I wanted too share my new crabtank with you guys. The crab comes the 11th of July, but their home is done already.

The crabs will be for now 3 geosesarma sp. Celebes, in dutch they are called vampire crabs. they have black bodies and purple talons/scissors and bright yellow to orange eyes, their carapace is 1 inch, and total length is like 2 inches. They are excellent climbers and really fast, all escape holes I have closed with duct tape.

Enjoy the first photo's.

New waterfall, from exo terra. Looks really nice, also has a fogging system for high humidity.

ForumRunner_20120706_065655.jpg

It's buildable in compartments, for cleaning, you can see the fog in the reservoir

ForumRunner_20120706_065846.jpg

The tank itself. As I was decorating it.

ForumRunner_20120706_070024.jpg

Done for the moment, I put in some java vern since their leaves are sturdy and will do just fine in a high humidity environment, with the fogger turned on I can reach a humidity of almost 100%, wich I need to have once or twice a day to simulate rainfall

ForumRunner_20120706_070142.jpg

To bad the crab died already causenorthern [mod edit] summer we got here, will make a new atempt in mid august, got myself a bottom heater and even more info. So I wo t give up her yet

Last edited by a moderator:
tukker said:
To bad the crab died already causenorthern shitty summer we got here, will make a new atempt in mid august, got myself a bottom heater and even more info. So I wo t give up her yet

Can we please watch our language since this is a family friendly site, plus there are teens and children who use this site. Please re-edit your post into some word suitable. Thank you. Anyways now that's out of the way, you have a lovely tank!

Back
Top Bottom