Emperor Angelfish Changing...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hondatek

Aquarium Advice Addict
Figure it would be cool to show off this changing emp. The left picture was a week or 2 ago.... The right one is in April when I first brought it home.These fish can start changing between 3-5 inch's and it generally take's about 8 months total time to finish the transformation. It is a very slow process to watch since of course I want him to change much faster lol but it is very cool to see.

img_2163390_0_27dd02764b0a60e931ff6f5ea081ba63.jpg

Cool photos! I haven't seen too many of these in the process of changing colors. I usually just see juv. coloration or adult coloration but nothing in between.

That's awesome! Is it coral & reef safe? Now I want one ;)

Pomacanthus imperator is not reef safe. I don't believe any member of the genus is reef safe.

severum mama said:
Cool photos! I haven't seen too many of these in the process of changing colors. I usually just see juv. coloration or adult coloration but nothing in between.

Pomacanthus imperator is not reef safe. I don't believe any member of the genus is reef safe.

Ohh okay thank you!

Thanks . I am getting plenty of pics thru this process so I will be sure to update as it progresses.

Back
Top Bottom