Gboy & NuNu's RSM250 update!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nu-Nu the eel said:
On what fish to get, its fine though because i dont have the money for angthing yet and i want to wait anyways. I have time to make up my mind

66g limits u.... Plus u don't wanna over crowd. Ur lil fish will eventually get big... Lol

Not a good way to start off the day.... Charlie the chalk bass has died :( he was acting funny in the new tank... I guess he doesnt like being around more agressive fish, even though he was never picked on...

Testing and doing a water change right now...

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Not a good way to start off the day.... Charlie the chalk bass has died :( he was acting funny in the new tank... I guess he doesnt like being around more agressive fish, even though he was never picked on...

Testing and doing a water change right now...

I'm sorry :(

He didnt eat as much as he used to, but i dont think thats why he died....

Levels are
Nitrite: 0
Ammonia: 0
Nitrate: 5
Salinity: .025

I dont think it was our fault? Who knows...

I miss charlie! Great 2nd fish. He was just scared of the huge tank IMO. He recieved a good buriel! He's out there with Gabriel now!:)

Sorry about Charlie :(

I'm sure it wasn't your fault, there's tons of things that can go wrong when upgrading to a new tank like that.

Thanks adam. Chalk bass are great for small tanks from 20-30, but any bigger and they get lost in everything... Too bad. :/

Thanks guys he was awesome..... But he just couldnt compete with the other guys :/ i feel like a slave to this tank constantly trying to keep it cool.... Its been 100 here for over a week and the tank is always round 84, its terrible. Hopefully the chiller is running today or tomorrow, we cant keep this up.

ya sorry you two. I know you've had him for a while...very sad : /

I'm sorry about Charlie may he be in fish paradise.
On the temperature I am battling the same thing out here in northern california its been 103 or plus for the last week and my biocube is at a constant 82-84 so far no losses in coral or fish but I have to leave the lid open all day I feel your guys pain.

Hey thanks everyone for the kind words! I really missed the little guy today, but its all good.

However...it has been a bitter-sweet day...

Now, i dont want to count my chickens..but if i did..i would prob be saying somthing like..

YES! WE GOT OUR CHILLER GOIN'!! WOOHOOO SO STOKED WE WILL NEVER HAVE DRAMATIC TEMP CHANGES AGAIN!!

But, like i said, i dont want to count those chickens..

So yay! Chiller is going! Hopefully everything works out!

;););)

Ok quick update! We have been really preparing the tank before we go on vacation!

Starting Saturday night, we will be leaving to our beach house for a little over 2 weeks. Thankfully the house is only 1hr away so i can make trips back to tend the tank.

So far the fish will have someone to feed them/top off every other day for the most part. I have like 7 or 8 gallons of R/O, so that should last me about a week right?

Also, the chiller is running perfectly so i dont have to worry about the heat either!

Thanks to Animal Chin, he has helped me in figuring out how to setup a webcam in front of the tank. Now, i can be walking along the beach and say "hey..i wonder how my tank is doin!" and then proceed to watch my tank via my Iphone. Thanks again man.

So, is there anything im missing? I will do a pwc before i leave, and another a week later when i plan to drive back down! Any other safety precautions i should make, all of you who have done this before?

Thanks!

Ok..just in case the tank crashes and dies..heres one last pic. I know, great attitude right? Lol.

Attachments

• image-3436638742.jpg
    image-3436638742.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 69
Gboy66 said:
Ok..just in case the tank crashes and dies..heres one last pic. I know, great attitude right? Lol.

Holy crap!! Ive never seen a fts of it before, never realized it looked that good! Nice job with the scape!

Hi FOUND IT:D I shall have a long look back through all the pages,its a popular thread:lol:
Now to your question - about before going on vacation:cool:
1 - check and clean all filters {if necessary}
2 - check your protein skimmer is clean and working properly {not sure if you are using one?}
3 - Cut down on your feeding a week before going on vacation {only a little - say 10%}
4 - do a couple of small water changes and check the water parameters.
5 - makes sure the person feeding the fish knows where the food is and do not leave to much feed available in case they think - 'just a little more wont hurt..........'
6 - I do not add any livestock of any description six weeks prior to going on vacation.
7 - leave a contact number - just in case!
9 - Enjoy your VACATION:D

stingrays4 said:
Hi FOUND IT:D I shall have a long look back through all the pages,its a popular thread:lol:
Now to your question - about before going on vacation:cool:
1 - check and clean all filters {if necessary}
2 - check your protein skimmer is clean and working properly {not sure if you are using one?}
3 - Cut down on your feeding a week before going on vacation {only a little - say 10%}
4 - do a couple of small water changes and check the water parameters.
5 - makes sure the person feeding the fish knows where the food is and do not leave to much feed available in case they think - 'just a little more wont hurt..........'
6 - I do not add any livestock of any description six weeks prior to going on vacation.
7 - leave a contact number - just in case!
9 - Enjoy your VACATION:D

Hey james! Great list man, really helpful. Thanks for your input:D

Back
Top Bottom