How does my new 10 gallon iwagumi aquascape look?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Could I just put my tank outside in the sun for the dry start? I have the best light in the world for free! I could bring it in when it rains. Or would that not work?

Eleocharis parvula grows wild here in Florida so I dont think that would be a problem.

As long as you don't cook your plants, you can't really put too much light on a DSM tank. Keep in mind though that it will probably get hotter than the ambient temperature in the tank, especially on top of black substrate.

Okay thanks guys. For when I stock the tank in the future I think Im going to do only shrimp. Will they eat all the algae or should I get a otto cat or two?

Just called petsmart and they got dwarf hairgrass!!!!! Told them to hold it all. Going to pick it up now! Ill post pics.

After 3 hours of planting I finally got ONE pack plated. It is a very tedious process but there was surprisingly alot in that one pack. Check it out:

Attachments

• image-4187002836.jpg
    image-4187002836.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 121
  • image-2591729057.jpg
    image-2591729057.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 121
After 3 hours of planting I finally got ONE pack plated. It is a very tedious process but there was surprisingly alot in that one pack. Check it out:

I love the little "river" in the middle. How many more packs do you have left? That 1 is probably what most people start with.

I love the little "river" in the middle. How many more packs do you have left? That 1 is probably what most people start with.

Thanks! One more packet. I will get it planted tomorrow but I am going to need some pretty tiny tweezers to get them in there.

You can grow it with some 13 watt CFLs but I think the fugeray grows it alot better.

Planting the other pack now. Will post pics when done.

Attachments

• image-2341228593.jpg
    image-2341228593.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 109
Back
Top Bottom