my Firemouth Cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Swifterz

Aquarium Advice Activist
firemouth_91109_1.jpg

firemouth_91109_2.jpg

firemouth_91109_3.jpg

firemouth_91109_4.jpg

they have grown quickly and colored up nicely

tiger barbs, bala sharks and a rainbow shark.

i really want to get a single convict or a couple of german blue rams.

they don't always spread their fins and their colors literally can change from one hour to the next.

Here are pics of the firemouth and convict that I had in the tank together before I went with Mbuna in my 115G....

Attachments

• DSC00176.jpg
    DSC00176.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 94
  • DSC00178.jpg
    DSC00178.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 96
Mine has like a rounded head, not a pointed one. And there's like no "fire" mouth-ness..

wow, mine do seem rather colorful and more streamlline. i just never had other fish to compare them to.

Honestly it sounds like you don't have a firemouth, because firemouths have there pointed mouths.

i second that, whether it is brightly colored overall or not, it would have to have some orangeish on it's throat. otherwise it's not a firemouth...

here is the other one. i have two.

firemouth_91109_5.jpg

not quite as large or colorful but still a good looking fish.

i have a breeding pair of firemouths ..they are gorgeous. They arent my fish of choice. I inherited them with my 125 purchase from craigslist...looking to rehome..Petstore credits are a rip off..they told me well we'll sell them for 40 bucks a piece but give you 20 store credit/ is that not a sham?? Anywho i'd rather keep them than to have them over do someone.

i have a breeding pair of firemouths ..they are gorgeous. They arent my fish of choice. I inherited them with my 125 purchase from craigslist...looking to rehome..Petstore credits are a rip off..they told me well we'll sell them for 40 bucks a piece but give you 20 store credit/ is that not a sham?? Anywho i'd rather keep them than to have them over do someone.

are they full grown?

Back
Top Bottom