Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Show Off/Photography
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-29-2020, 01:29 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

The gloomy days are over!

I do not have the prettiest tank compared to a lot of pros here. But it IS my first proper fish tank and I donít think my facebook friends will appreciate any more fish photos.

Iím extremely proud to share that after close to 2 months, I finally achieved full stock with a nice fish-in cycle. And absolutely no casualties.

Because I went through such a tough 2 months of cycling, thought I share my journey..

1. Couldnít find ammonia, use fish food cycling and ended up with mould in tank. Used tweezers to slowly clear the mould.
2. Decided on Fish in cycle with Seachem prime and stability - but fish store send me FULL STOCK instead of just 2 fishes as I requested.
3. Battled ich for 1.5 week, solved with purely heat and fervent daily water change. It was bad, infecting each ember tetra one by one, I thought I would lose the whole school. All survived! Disrupted cycle but fish lives first!
4. Plant lacked so much nutrients and started melting . Started using Seachem flourish comprehensive, managed lighting conditions, trimmed dying leaves. New leaves are nice and green now.
5. Moss detached from poor tying when I got it. Whole tank was covered in moss, painfully removed them one by one with tweezers and tied them again to rocks.

So many sleepless and stressful nights, but I did it. Along with no fish casualties. I did lose 2 shrimps though, not too sure why.

My current stock in my 10G
1 x Dwarf Sunset Gourami
9 x Ember tetra
5 x Blue velvet shrimps (I think 5, I canít seem to find them all at once, probably hiding).
1 x Patience of a Tibetan monk.

Iíve ordered a tall Amazon sword to hide the corner filter, and itís on its way. But since I got a perfect reading (FINALLY!) today (ammonia nitrite 0, nitrates 5 at most), Iím so excited I needed to share it. Any feedback to improve always welcomed =)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4A9ACD39-98D4-4E79-8978-51FDDDBBA061.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	252.5 KB
ID:	316381  

Old 04-29-2020, 08:43 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Good job. Itís a labor of love and Iím sure youíll have more tanks soon, lol

Old 04-29-2020, 09:12 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Ah haha. I’m ACTUALLY already window shopping online.

But I know I can never get another (or even upsize for that matter).. otherwise I’ll have to go shop for another wife. Lolol

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com