WOW wish i got a Pic of this (shrimp and tang)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gooyferret

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Well i went to browse at my tank and i seen the Orangesholder tang swimming really weird just hovering. Im currently having a problem with ICH and dont have a QT tank for him yet. Well anyways i was sitting there and seen one of the peppermint shrimp i have hanging on his belly cleaning the crap outta him. 8O He had ich on his body this morning and now i dont see any on him.....Man i wish i would have gotten a pic it was so cool. Does anyone know if pepermints are known to clean ICH off fish?

I do know that some pepps will clean fish. I hate to shatter your hopes... :?...but usually in the morning's a fish with ich looks fine. At night is when you can see ich covering the fish. This has been my experience.

i agree with revhtree.. the ich seems to illuminate under the blue lights.. i used to keep butterflies..they look fine during the day.. hidious at night... dead the next day.. :(

Ich is cyclic. The parasite comes and goes from the fish. You won't really know if you've gotten past this until a few days have passed. I have ich in my main. My little purple gets in one day every 3 weeks or so and by the next day he's fine. When he gets it I up my feedings, making sure to dose garlic and selcon. This fish was in QT for 8 weeks where ich was irradicated. None of the fish in my main have ever been symptomatic. It wasn't until I put my purple in (who's more susceptible) that the ugly ich monster reared its head. So far I've been able to keep it at bay. If it gets to the point where it lasts more than a day or two I'll pull all of my fish from the main and treat it properly (which will then lead to me becoming fanatical about QTing everything from corals to inverts to anemones in addition to the fish that I already QT. All new fish will undergo hypo before entering my system. Hopefully this fish will continue to get stronger and I'll be able to postpone the inevitable.

DISCLAIMER: These are the rantings of a lunatic and my own humble opinion and action plan. I'm not in any way shape or form advocating this action plan for anyone else or their fish. Do not try this in your own fish tanks.

Hmm i thought it was so awesome seeing the shrimp hanging on the fish's belly like that never seen that before. Yup i know all about ich and its cycling.....The tang had ich before the shrimp cleaned him so he must be doing his job. I have upped feedings to 2 times a day with garlic also.

Back
Top Bottom