Tank being ravaged by ich??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ryantitanic

Aquarium Advice Newbie
About a week ago I brought home a a baby bristlenose pleco from petco, I didnt notice anything wrong with him and I was watching him for a day, I also added in a piece of cholla wood, the next two days I noticed my betta fish developing white spots on him and he started looking horrible. I acted quick, looked up every disease guide I could, and in short term notice all I could purchase was Super Ich Cure from Petco. I was 3 or 4 days in, with temp set to 85-86.
Well unfortunately my betta fish has since passed, the baby bristlenose also died a day later, and now Im noticing these spots on another pleco I have and its getting worse as the day goes by as well as a long cut on his underside. It seems like its not working and i dont know what to do.
I typically change 25-50% of the water each week depending on how dirty it is and am constantly cleaning the filter.

Ammonia 0.0
nitrites 0.0
nitrates 5.0

Attachments

• F990D7FD-924B-4EA8-9CB9-213CEF45F812.jpg
    F990D7FD-924B-4EA8-9CB9-213CEF45F812.jpg
    218.3 KB · Views: 21
  • 8CA53D3A-FA0E-4637-87AF-A918CE5DC532.jpg
    8CA53D3A-FA0E-4637-87AF-A918CE5DC532.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 19
No plants, i have 5 tetras in there along with 2 amanos. Before water change tetras were fine, but now im noticing some fin rot on them as well as the pleco, i dont know if this is a biproduct of the ick or something else, the pleco is also starting to have lesions.!

I'm guessing your tank has toxic water parameters. How long has it been running, any filter pad or substrate changes lately?

If you aren't familiar with the nitrification cycle, read through the article link in my signature. Towards the bottom of this post.

Do some water changes. Use water that is just very slightly warmer than the tank water. Make sure to use a declorinator. If you have a water dechlorinator which neutralizes ammonia, nitrates and nitrates, that can be a big help. Like Prime.

I did just today, I changed over 50% put in dechlorinator and more of the meds for the ich, and I did a water test afterwards and everything was still ammonia 0 nitrites 0 and nitrates 5ppm. Like is it a fungal infection at this point or something else I may have missed? Cause they all still have little white spots still

Back
Top Bottom