29 gallon aquarium stand build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jenema

Aquarium Advice Activist
I will admit, I have never built anything in my life, but I am thinking about building an aquarium stand for my 29 gallon tank. I will have helped from my grandfather and dad but I don't know where to start. Will standard 2x4s be strong enough? I have looked online to see designs but everything I have found looks a little flimsy. Can anyone suggest how to make a very sturdy stand?

Sent from my HTCONE using Aquarium Advice mobile app

2x4 will be just fine, YouTube build vids. There is one dude in particular that is great.. use 3"deck screws and you'll do just fine

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Do you happen to have a link to that guys video?

Thank you!

buy the "Brooklyn" model that Petco carries. Its on sale for 50 bucks this week and has a classy, modern look. I just got a 29 gallon myself and that is the stand I got.

Unfortunately as a college student I don't have the money for that. And I can make one for under $25

buy the "Brooklyn" model that Petco carries. Its on sale for 50 bucks this week and has a classy, modern look. I just got a 29 gallon myself and that is the stand I got.

I have the similar Manhattan model. It is nice, but I wish I would have built my own stand. Both models are completely open, and offer no storage which is the reason I don't like them.

If you build the stand and can afford it 2x6s might be better. Also simple doors in the front to close it up would be a must imo

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

That's another reason I would prefer to build, I at least want a shelf.

Back
Top Bottom