aquarium background installation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nljohnson1960

Aquarium Advice Newbie
diy build of styrofoam and concrete with sand fall. How do I mount this inside my active aquarium with fish already in it?
DO not want to hurt my fish or change my water parameters

diy build of styrofoam and concrete with sand fall. How do I mount this inside my active aquarium with fish already in it?
DO not want to hurt my fish or change my water parameters

I have a backround that I got from https://aquadecorbackgrounds.com

It is made of styrafoam and some sort or hard coating, I had to silicone it to my back pannel inorder for it to sit in place.

I would imagine you are going to have to do something similar.

The only alternitive I can think of is some sort of suction cup attachment, but with it being made of foam, it would still have the potential to break free and float.

Last edited by a moderator:
dont know how you are going to do this in a live tank. could try using waterproof earth magnets. I did that with one I made while back.

only other possible option I can think is to drain the tank as humanly low as you can without really messing with the fish. silicone the back really good in the half that will be above the water and clamp it in place to hold until it dries. then refill the tank after a couple days.

dont know how you are going to do this in a live tank. could try using waterproof earth magnets. I did that with one I made while back.

only other possible option I can think is to drain the tank as humanly low as you can without really messing with the fish. silicone the back really good in the half that will be above the water and clamp it in place to hold until it dries. then refill the tank after a couple days.

that might work ! If you guys have some pics to share that would be good :ermm:

Back
Top Bottom