Can't fit the sump under the stand!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

austinsdad

Aquarium Advice Addict
About to sell my 72g reef ready tnk to a friend of mine. New bowfront tank and stand.

BIG PROBLEM!!! How do I get that 20g tall tank under the stand. The stand has a center, vertical support piece in the front and back. Can't get that sump in there!!!! :evil: :evil:

Am I gonna have to remove one and put it back???? :?

Am I gonna have to remove one and put it back????
Probably, I would make sure to brace is first, assuming you already have water and such in the tank....Uless you can go through the back....Naver had one of those stands, mine is an old silverware/plate stand, sorry I can't think of the name for it.

You can try to put it in from the top (before putting the tank on the stand) - that is assuming you have the usual open top stand. Even if you have to remove some bracing from the top, it is safer than removing the vertical supports. The top braces are there to keep the stand from bowing out and has less load, so is less critical to be put back perfectly. If you have to remove the vertical supports, you'd have to make sure to put them back with structural intergrity ... depending on how the stand was constructed, that might take a lot of work.

Or you can get a smaller sump .....

I got it.Once I settled down it became apparent to remove the cross, horizontal support piece that goes from front to back. Quite simple. Remove it and drop the tank straight in. Evrything is empty.

ANyway, I delivered my 72g tank set up I had for sale, complete with a 29g QT set up to a new owner last nite. She's a good freind of mine and can't wait to get her going. She's excited and I'm almost just as much.

Back
Top Bottom