Cinder Block Breeder Stand?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EroticQaisar

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hello everyone I'm new to this forum and I wanted to ask how one would go about building a 40-gallon breeder cinder blocks stand? It's currently drained out and I've put my six year old blood parrot in a temporary 20 gallon until I'm able to complete the his new stand.

I saw some Pinterest ideas which is what let me to attempts to make my own cinder block stand. So far Ive went to home Depot and I bought a total of 9 cinder blocks which came out the 15 bucks. I'm planning on going back again to get more supplies but I wanted to get an opinion. Should I buy 3/4 plywood with some 2x4's? I've seen other people put just the plywood without the two by fours.

The other thing is I have two toddlers. Would it be safe at least around them to have the cinder blocks? Should I cement the blocks? I've read that once the the tank is filled at least 500 lbs and is most likely unmovable?

Attached a photo of what it currently looks like.
Or link
B3svY5VnGLJ

Attachments

• DSC_0007.jpg
    DSC_0007.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 184
Why not just build a 2x4 stand? Looks tons better and is safer. Its a fun project to make your own wood stands and doesnt cost to much either.

Although unlikely, those cinder blocks stacked 3 high and 2 deep look risky, esp with kids. Putting plywood under the tank is just fine.

Plywood under the tank is fine. The way you have it is fine. Keeping kids away from anything is always going to be a problem. I have never gone more than 2 high because cinderblocks are also very heavy and that is adding to the weight of the tank. The support of the tank always needs to be on the sides/edges of the square. (So you see some tank stands have an open place in the center).

Back
Top Bottom