Co2?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

katieshan

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
How do you make a DIY co2? We need ideas

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Recipe : everyone fiddles... I do 2cups sugar and 1/2 a teaspoon of yeast.

System:
2L bottle
Airline tubing
500ml bottle
Check valve
Some method of diffusing.

Just silicone in the tuning into the lid of the 2L bottle running it to the smaller bottle where you silicone the tubing in the lid there. From the smaller bottle add a second piece of tubing adding the check valve and running the tubing into your tank with a method of diffusing.

Sorry I hope that didn't sound confusing. If you're stuck there are plenty of ways to set up a co2 system on the Internet.

Thank you we are going to try it out and see how it goes!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Recipe : everyone fiddles... I do 2cups sugar and 1/2 a teaspoon of yeast.

System:
2L bottle
Airline tubing
500ml bottle
Check valve
Some method of diffusing.

Just silicone in the tuning into the lid of the 2L bottle running it to the smaller bottle where you silicone the tubing in the lid there. From the smaller bottle add a second piece of tubing adding the check valve and running the tubing into your tank with a method of diffusing.

Sorry I hope that didn't sound confusing. If you're stuck there are plenty of ways to set up a co2 system on the Internet.

Can you elaborate on this a bit more mate? Do we need warm water? any specific mixing involved? How long does the mix produce co2 for and at what bubble per second rate? :) really interested in this at the moment.

2 cups sugar mixed in 4 cups warm water, added to a 2 liter bottle, fill bottle to 4 inches below top, add 1/2 teaspoon of yeast, shake bottle, add water to fill to 2 inches below top. Shake bottle again and cap bottle.

Running a 2 bottle system with a gatorade bottle bubble counter I get ~1 BPS. I replace one bottle every week, but switch which one I refill.

The recipe says use 1/4 tsp of baking soda, but I dont use that. It seems to last for 2 weeks before slowing down(hence why I replace the bottle A every other week and bottle B the week I dont replace A)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom