DIY live rock gray or white cement?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rob78

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone
For some reason I cant find white cement so I went ahead and I got the gray color cement, I did my rock and they look pretty good for a first time they are awesome!! I'll take some pics later my question is:

Whats the difference between the gray cement and white cement? is it just the color cosmetic stuff? would white would look better in my tank than gray? or is there a reason why I should use white cement?

thanx

Both colors are Portland cement. I believe the color depends on the limestone source. I'm guessing the only reason to use one over the other (besides cost) is for a particular appearance.

You're right up my alley on that one.... I'm a QC manager for a concrete company.:cool:

Bill is correct.... The only real difference between regular grey cement & white cement is the cost. White costs a LOT more due to the aggregate required to produce it, and is primarily for architecturally aesthetic purposes.

Hello everyone
For some reason I cant find white cement so I went ahead and I got the gray color cement, I did my rock and they look pretty good for a first time they are awesome!! I'll take some pics later my question is:

Whats the difference between the gray cement and white cement? is it just the color cosmetic stuff? would white would look better in my tank than gray? or is there a reason why I should use white cement?

thanx

It'll be covered in coraline, corals, and critters in no time, so color won't even matter soon.

Back
Top Bottom