Diy stand for 30 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It'll be hung 8 inches above the tank and it's almost the same with and and 8 inch shorter than the tank. Do you think I won't have enough spread?

It'll be awhile before I get around to buying the lights so I have a while to ponder.

Drilled the tank today. I ended up just doing a 1 inch intake. In going to use a 1/2 nozzle I already have to plumb a half inch return. Do you think a maxi jet 600 would be enough flow for a 20 gallon? The head pressure will be 16 inches.

Drilled the tank today. I ended up just doing a 1 inch intake. In going to use a 1/2 nozzle I already have to plumb a half inch return. Do you think a maxi jet 600 would be enough flow for a 20 gallon? The head pressure will be 16 inches.

I think that should be plenty, are you using any circulation pumps?

We'll i over tightened the bulkhead and cracked the tank all the way down the side :-(

We'll i over tightened the bulkhead and cracked the tank all the way down the side :-(

Oh man really? That's not good at all. Did you use silicone on the gaskets? If not just get another tank, repaint, redrill, silicone gaskets and hand tighten very gently

Yeah no kidding, check out pets mart again. They may be on sale and if not they are normally fairly cheap

Drilled the new tank and towards the end a small piece chipped off. Is this normal?

Drilled the new tank and towards the end a small piece chipped off. Is this normal?
yes, when drilling delicate material with a hole saw always go from both directions, once pilot is thru opposite side switch direction to avoid splintering or blow out..

Back
Top Bottom