Fish room build!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
it wont be much to look at as its only the space but sometime next week the stand will start to come together.

I saw your list of fish / tank and see you may have a miscalculated the amount of tanks necessary for your Angelfish fry. Angle fry of different ages shouldn't be put together as the older ones will more often than not, out eat, out grow and most likely kill off their smaller tankmates.
I use a round robin method of breeding Angels that usually works with 4 tanks per pair of fish. ( I say usually because I have had pairs that needed more than 4 tanks per cycle.) Using labels on the tanks #1-#4, #1 is for the pair. Tanks 2-4 are all growout tanks. By the time I need to use tank #2 again, those fry are in a large grow out/ sale tank. As I mentioned, I have had pairs where 4 tanks was not enough as they can be prolific breeders, spawning as frequently as every 7-10 days. Also, a 29 gal tank to grow out your Angelfish is too small. To get your Angels to salable size quickly, you need to give them more space as there can be spawns of over 500 fry. I recommend 75 gals to 100+ gal grow out tanks for doing this.

You may want to read through the thread "Wigglers at last!!!" in the Breeding forum of this site. This is an ongoing thread by Angelfish breeders, both commercial and hobbyist level, so you can see what you can expect. Feel free to Pm me with any questions :)

Hope this helps (y)

I dont want to start a fight but here is were i'm getting my info from. I will have more grow out tanks, but I will not use 100+ gallon tanks. I have heard people at my AAAA meetings that are pretty renowned in the fish keeping world talk about breeding guppys in a colony in a 5 gallon tank. once again no rudeness intended. video is being uploaded now. had issues with it last night. and i sound really bad because im getting sick :(

HOW TO BREED FRESHWATER ANGELFISH PART 2 of 7 (Setting up your system) - YouTube

So you have been starring at the t5ho's long enough that your neck hurts and everything looks fuzzy???

I dont want to start a fight but here is were i'm getting my info from. I will have more grow out tanks, but I will not use 100+ gallon tanks. I have heard people at my AAAA meetings that are pretty renowned in the fish keeping world talk about breeding guppys in a colony in a 5 gallon tank. once again no rudeness intended. video is being uploaded now. had issues with it last night. and i sound really bad because im getting sick :(

HOW TO BREED FRESHWATER ANGELFISH PART 2 of 7 (Setting up your system) - YouTube

Sorry to hear of your illness, hope you get well soon :flowers:
No arguments here ;) I am not familiar with the gentleman who was being interviewed so I can't ( and won't) argue his method. However, that being said, if you noticed, he did say that he uses the one tank for the fry when his pairs all spawn at the same time. That is not a reliable timeframe as the fish will spawn when they are ready and sometimes it may happen that they all spawn at the same time. It's really not 100% controllable as it is luck ;). He also said how he stages the fry in different tanks up to a 40 gal tank for growing out.
It really is going to come down to what you intend to do with the babies and how many pairs you plan on doing. I'm currently running 4 pairs of fish using 13 tanks ( from 1/2 gallon bottles up to 40 gals) and I'm out of room and losing spawns due to it. :(
But I am an old commercial Angelfish breeder ( 40+ years of breeding them). I've had as many as 100 pairs of Angels going in my hatcheries. I'm actually in the process now of having a building built on my property to start commercially raising them again :) BTW: I don't mind the bare tank look. To me, a tank full of baby Angelfish is all the decor I need :D ( I do keep artificial plants in with the babies so the tanks aren't all bare, just the bottoms :brows:)

The nice part of raising fish is that many methods work in many instances. I'm not saying my way is the only way or the BEST way, just saying it's what I've done for a long, long time and it's produced over 1 million quality Angelfish for the marketplace. Try what you plan but be aware that you may need to change the plan. I'll be happy to help if you want it (y)

Back
Top Bottom