fish room build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cichlidman878

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hi all ,

in the process of building a fish house in my dads garden as i live in a flat :(

but hes only 1 mile away from where i live so not too bad atall. its 10ft x 8ft but if all is well then i will upgrade to a larger building.

tank wise i have 4x 36" x 12" x 15" and 2x 48" x 12" x 15" and im waiting on some more tanks to arrive.

i was thinking of running sump system as that would save a bit on costs of electricity ect. if not then it will be run off sponge filters. im willing to listen to people suggestions so feel free. :popcorn:

the fish room will be insulated when i get time todo it then once all electrics and everything in order i will move tanks in ect. i will keep you guys updated with pics/videos as i go along.

yes i will upload pics as i go and maybe even videos too. i will keep you updated as i go. very busy at the moment tho with work ect.

i will be keeping mainly african cichlids and maybe discus too .

If you're thinking about running airline hose to every tank, then I'd recommend checking out a YouTube channel called "Solid Gold". It's done by a girl with bi-colored hair who breeds goldfish. She has some videos about her fish room build and I particularly liked how she has the whole room hooked up to one large air pump and PVC that runs around the perimeter.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

thanks i was thinking about the filtration set-up earlier today and i already have a large pump capable of running upto 20 airlines at once. but i might be going the sump route as it will be cheaper in the long run rather then running 14 seperate heaters and sponge filters. not sure how much it would cost to run that many at once to be honest.

but thanks for information. i will send you guys the link to mt youtube channel once i have made some videos ect. i will be building it all from scratch. i aint got permission to build a concrete building so ill have to go the timber way. but will be ok. i will keep you guys updated :)

Back
Top Bottom