Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > DIY Projects
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-30-2018, 01:53 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Free food for the gang😀mosquito larva

So just wanted to share my free food farm. About a month ago I went outside to clean the back yard. I noticed a bucket i left outside full of water. I noticed it full of squiggly things. I found out they were baby mosquitoes. So a light bulb went off on my head. I watch a few youtube videos,did a few online searches. Next i grabbed a kiddy pool i had laying around in partial shade. I now have free food snacks for the gang. I dip the net daily to pull extra larvae out so my back yard doesnt turn into a mosquito habbitat. I also been starting to put extra plants cuttings in. Thinking about putting some of my mystery snail babies in to grow out. Plan on getting a daphnia culture as soon as a get some extra money. But for now I love watching my pea puffers an gobbies go to town.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180730_122609_hdr.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	198.7 KB
ID:	309862   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180730_122528_hdr.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	309863  

Old 07-30-2018, 05:07 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Your backyard is going to be infested. You may want to get a net over that or something..

Old 07-30-2018, 05:58 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

May be, but I scoop the pool twice a day. I've chatted with a couple people who do this an they don't have any problems as long as you keep up an dont see any larva in the final stage. Plus I keep it in Sun which helps keep them down. But I do already have a screen netting laying in the closest just in case. But thanks though for the advice.��

Tags
food, free

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com