Home Sweet Home! DIY Cave...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
haha yeah....and the smell oh the smell! I will ALWAYS wear gloves when dealing with silicone and a mask lol. I learned my lesson.

Very Cool! I will get my kids to start working on one ASAP! Seems like the perfect arts and craft for them.

I don't recall exactly how much gravel it took to make my cave, but I simply took out a few cups worth (to match the tank) and let it dry out for the project.

are you serious about the kids? i tried this too, not really thinking it'd be too hard, and the gluing the rocks on was just terrible. i can't imagine kids doing it, and the fumes are toxic too

Be careful using ABS. I have been told be a couple different sources, my local hardware store and Home Depot said that ABS could leech chemicals into the water. How true it is, I do't know but might not be worth the risk.

How big was the pipe that you used for yours? The largest PVC 3 way I could find was 2" so that is what I will try for my C. Trilineatus.

Back
Top Bottom