LED bulbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justin0329

Aquarium Advice Freak
Does anyone know a good site to find led wired bulbs? I know about eBay but all I can seem to find there are 12 volt. I'm looking for 110 volt bulbs. I found some on other sites but $1.00 each isn't practical when I'm thinking ill need about 300 of them. Any ideas?

not sure but i have been looking into this as well so i will be following your progress. are you looking for just white or blue as well?

why would you need 300 bulbs?? Do you mean a string of them, as in Christmas lights? Or are you talking about this?

20 pcs Blue 5mm LED Pre Wired Lights 12V 20cm Bulbs Lamp | eBay

yes, that is exactly what I am talking about. However, those are 12v for auto use. I need some for 110v for in the home use. I have searched for a listing that was like that one however for 110v and can not seem to find any. As far as the need for 300... that may be an overstatement however, I do need a lot.

so, this is what I'm thinking...

Lights: eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

Converter: eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

And connector for the converter: eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

Because I am using so many lights, this project will take some time. I will keep you all posted of my progress once it actually starts...

Yes. I'm going to also use a piece of acrylic with 200 5mm holes drilled in it to insert the bulbs into. Then Ill use a cheap housing from Lowes or Home Depot and paint it black if it isn't already. I have an old mirror laying around that I am going to cut using a glass cutter and line the inside of the housing as the reflector.

Back
Top Bottom