New tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jad2411

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm in the process of building this tank, it's 11 gal with built in filtration (approx 1 gal goes into the filtration chamber)

Currently in the filter area I have black filter sponge, polyfill, activated carbon, zeolite and those huge bio balls that will be replaced with ceramic rings, the middle section will house the heater.

Background is limestone which has been underwater for 3 months now.
I just ordered my API fresh water master kit so I'll test the parameters before anything live goes in.

Not sure what I'll use for the bottom, was thinking of black sand or black gravel but that's still undecided

Any issues you see with my invention? :lol:

Filter
img_3332288_0_64de9f1b819cb8492359bb46b46224f5.jpg

Front showing bacground
img_3332288_1_8f4fb224d37062419ea3df07c6066e1e.jpg

It has 4 on the bottom but as you can see they don't do a very good job :D

Looking for driftwood that'll look good, the pieces I borrowed were either too big or too small, some live plants and as far as stocking I'll be looking into tropical colorful fish, not yet sure.

The rear cover is not yet complete, but it will hide the filter portion, lights (DIY LEDs) will get done hopefully over the weekend. I have white, red and blue for plants, and green just for show :p.

Back
Top Bottom