Plecos in the garden

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

loachy dance

Aquarium Advice Activist
For all those who refer to friendly plecs and goldfish as "poop machines", i have found that when cleaning my big tank i can take some of that detritus and old aquarium water and feed my flowers in the yard. It offers high quality fertilizer and declorinated water. Its of much higher quality then water with a hose:)

It's 2 hobbies in 1

For all those who refer to friendly plecs and goldfish as "poop machines", i have found that when cleaning my big tank i can take some of that detritus and old aquarium water and feed my flowers in the yard. It offers high quality fertilizer and declorinated water. Its of much higher quality then water with a hose:)

It's 2 hobbies in 1

A lot of folks do this already. Also, depending on your location and if you're on city water, it's possible in some areas to get a "deduct meter" installed as well. It's a special meter that registers the physical amount of sewer water that's passed thru for showers, toilet, dishwasher, etc, since the sewage bill is based off actual water consumption. It doesn't base percentages from water that flows into the structure that doesn't flow out of the structure.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium advice.

It's 2 hobbies in 1

Yep I do this also after I deep gravel vac the tank. Catch all the mucky water in buckets and use them across all the potted plants in my back yard. Far better than just water down the drain and the plants love it.

Back
Top Bottom