rollers for aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rubigonz

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I drew up my plans for my 600 gallon plywood build. I have a couple of other things that I am not sure about. I am not sure how I will do the filtration. I am looking at sump and refugium systems. I have ZERO experience with them, but I have seen some very nive ones online from DIYourselfers. My biggest question on that is how does one guarantee no spillage onto the floor? I wanna do freshwater for my South American setup. I just wanna know beforehand so I know where to drill my holes.
The other thing I want to do is install rollers. Like machinery rollers that can be used to steer and move the aquarium setup if I ever decide to move it across the room. (I have no carpet). I have seen roller with huge weight capacity. Just unsure about installing permanent or if they hydraulic lifting method. I would probably drain a majority of the water prior to any moving to ensure that none fo my tile cracks. But if you have ever moved a large aquarium then you know that it is a lot of work. I have not seen any sytems with this added but I think it can be done. Anyone have any experience with these roller systems? Offer any advice? I see they make metal wheels and nylon covered. I would definitely go for nylon covered. Not sure if I should go with a metal framed stand or keep it all wood. Thanks in advance!
Also, I just got the quote for 3/4" starfire glass...:blink: if anyone saw the build from australia on the 800 gallon from greenterra, that is the build I am doing, but it will be indoors,with a functioning 3D background to hide anything, and measurements are not as deep. Also not going to be able to install the glass like he did since it isn't as deep. So, I need to probably finish front piece install glass, and install front with glass then do some touching up and coats. Didnt feel like ripping out my front door to bring it in. It will stand 5'11". it will be fiberglass with rounded corner and painted differently using glossy or clearcoat. Black or a darker brown with maroonish accent or doors to match out great room. Once I start the build I will post pics from start to finish. Probably start this month. Glass will take one week to get from when I order, just have to get the funds. $1200 is the cheapest I could find.

Back
Top Bottom