silly python upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

porksnorkel

Aquarium Advice Activist
ok the verdicts still out on this one, but have a look anyway. the object here is to be a ble to drain a tank to a predetermined level, w/out having to stand over it. can also be filled w/out having to hold the hose, but i don't recommend leaving the room while filling.
img_848118_0_19e962a933722ee8dd36cc2c8464b3bb.jpg

what ur looking at, is basically the business end of a python run through some sink piping, easily located at the hardware store. the other end gets drained on the lawn, then hooked back up to a faucet, for filling.
img_848118_1_73aea5cf5b89052faca48ae9f90f627f.jpg

as u can see, the unit hangs all by itself. just close the lid on it. of course gravel vaccuming is not optional w/ this upgrade. the python debris cylinder can be cut to any lengh, to drain a specific amount of water. total cost...under $5.

uncut it would do about a 50% on this 125g tank. i can however, cut the python tube to whatever length, or percentage of water change i wanted. or pull the hose througth the pipe, inside the tank, and drain the whole thing.

Back
Top Bottom