Spray paint background ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Venom_

Aquarium Advice Activist
I want to spray paint the back of my aquarium black. What kind of paint do you guys use to spray paint the back of your aquarium?

Flat black plasti-dip. One can will cover an entire 48" x 21" pane of glass in multiple coats. And if you don't like it, you can peel it off a little better than other paints.

I just used el-cheapo lowes flat black latex paint and a 2 dollar roller to do my tank. Very clean looking. No odor. And you don't have to worry about overspray at all.

I'm not sure. Don't have water in the tank yet. But I won't be using a magnetic scrubber on the back of my tank.

how does the el cheapo paint stand up if you use a mag algee scrub brush on it.

The algae really shouldn't show up on a black background that much! If it gets bad just use a toothbrush. I've never cleaned the back glass. lol

So I finally painted it yesterday! It came out pretty well. I got rust-oleum Flexi dip witch is like plasti dip.Here's some pics.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397670915.473258.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397670941.689853.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397670957.587445.jpg

Back
Top Bottom