Stocking a 65 litre tank. Im so excited

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ahmed dada

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi. I am now the ex owner of a 30l biorb. I know its the worst tank but I fell for it's beauty. Anyway I now have a 65l tank with my 6 Glowlights from the biorb. What else should I put in? I love shoals of small tetras and danios. I also like bettas and coral gouramis. The pet shops here in south Africa are bad at advice and have limited variety and no shrimp. I really love schools of small fish. It has a good overflow filter and light and also a bright blue light that's like moonlight and tons of plants. Thanks!

Hi there!
You could start with putting some pictures :D
How's the Internet sellers where you live? Maybe you could get some shrimps that way?

Hi.I just typed a LONG msg n the app crashed ugh! So il sum it up
-no shrimp
-so far in it is 6 glow lights
-if you give me an email il gladly email u pics but I can't post any
-I think this is a good stock list?

6 glow light tetras
6 black neon tetras
1 coral gourami
6 zebra danios

I do PWC every 5 days

Has anyone had experience with black neons? My main question about them is do they come up and eat flake food or do they eat sinking food only?

Is my fantasy stock list overstocked for the 65l?

Please reply fast my battery is dying! 3%!!

I had some black neons and they were eating flakes without any fuss.
Also, I'm not an expert (yet), but your stockist doesn't look like too much, I'd go for it :)

senemedar said:
I had some black neons and they were eating flakes without any fuss.
Also, I'm not an expert (yet), but your stockist doesn't look like too much, I'd go for it :)

What size tank did you have them in? Were they nippy toward other fish? How many did you have? Are they bottom middle or top dwellers? Sorry for the excessive questions! Just always really research them too much before I decide.

Also what about the zebra danios. I know that they are probably the most hardy fish but should I get the normal or pink ones? If I get 3 each will they school together or separate and be with each of its kind only?if not I will get 6 normal zebras

Or if I could I would get 3 of each. Will they school?

I'm by no means expert on Black Neon Tetras, as I said before :)
I had four of them long time ago, and I bought them because my LPS told me they're hardy and will go nicely as the first fishes. I had them in the 60 litres tank with Dwarf Gouramis and few other tetras, and they were very calm and peaceful; all over the tank also, but didn't eat anything from the bottom.
As for Danios - I never had any and have no clue about them whatsoever, I'm afraid.
But I'm pretty sure someone else will help you with that and will correct me if I'm wrong about Neons :D

Thanks everyone! Ok personally what would your stock list be?

Back
Top Bottom