Anybody know what these fish are doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

deli_conker

Aquarium Advice Addict
I guess this is the easy way of fishing. It seems like they are attracted to the banging noise. I've never seen anything quite like it. They're almost like Hitchcock's The Birds

Click

You know what that reminds me of???

"HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE Fishy fishy fishy"

*fish jumps in the boat*

Kudos if you know what thats from =oP

its on the tip of my tongue .....
no wait, i'm thinking of the simpsons episode when they got stuck out at sea with the flandersersers and were using there last portion of food as bait.

you know i use to be mean to people when i was scuba diving. i would see fisher man i would dive over to that area and grab diving knife and find there line and put diving knife on the hook or line and use for a lever and pull on the there line. But when you scuba diving its hard to stay incuadneato when you scuba diving first of the flag float gives you away and the bubbles. i dont think i trick any of them.

It's the guy waving the light that's doing it to them. Don't have sound here so don't know what they're saying. Also I'm not sure, but I think shining fish is illegal in some places. They're jumping at bugs but with the light moving all over the place the fish are way off target. Funny video though!

"Come on get in the boat fish, fish." "Hey fish, I know you want to get in the boat. We've got a keg..., of worms,"

That's one of my favorites.

"Hey fishy fishy fishy" all i could think was Duec Bigalow.. Male Jigalow..

I think they are just spooking the fish. I have had shad jump and land in my boat before. NOt on the scale that these fish are though! No one ever believes this but I had about a 12inch largemouth bass jump over my boat and land on the other side once. He was being chased by 30 or 40 lb striper!

I read elsewhere that it is indeed the light causing them to act like that, so skymir has it right. The light attracts the bugs. The fish try to get a midnight snack.

that is sort of what i was thinking. The first couple of fish are actually jumping at a bug or two illuminated by the light. But the fish jumping causes splashes to go into the air and catch the light, which makes the other fish think "look! MORE BUGS!" so they jump, cause more splashes, which cause more fish to jump, etc. This seems to match the way the intensity builds when they start jumping.

lyquidphyre said:
Ya'll are off =oP

Here is an obvious hint

(the address gives it away, so if you really want to challenge yourself- don't look) haha

I didn't see a video, i just heard the sound... what is that from?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom