Coolest fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bettaowner

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have kept fish for at least ten years. I've owned many fish that are colorful, cool, and some might say ugly. What is the coolest fish you ever owned? My coolest fish would be the hillstream loach. You could also give the most colorful fish you've ever owned and the ugliest.

Coolest: Oscar fish because it was my first fish and had tons of personality, colorful: Bolivian ram. Lol ugliest: (haven't owned it but) those see through guppies

When I was very young my dad had a few piranhas, and man those guys were awesome! Ever since then my goal is to live in a state where I can own red bellies. Or where they can own me lol, I find them fascinating.

I really loved the Senegal bichir I used to have, that's probably my 55s next adventure after I move next year.

Most colorful and my favorite as of now... Geophagus Tapajos (orange heads). Mine are still under a year but are already coloring up nicely. The reds and blues are stunning in person.

Most colourful fish: killifish or german blue rams favourite fish: german blue rams, panda Cories and guppies! Most disliked fish: angler fish!

bettaowner said:
I've seen those transparent guppies. They are very ugly.

Oh! That hurt
I own many so called ugly transparent guppies and they are gorgeous. You don't really see the organs or anything just a bit of the spine
Most colorful-
Guppies
Most ugly-
Oscars
Common Plecos
Bichirs

For the coolest, it would have to be muddskippers or dwarf puffers:)
Most colorful fish: diamond tetra, when the light hits them: bam! Color!
Ugliest: never owned them, hope I never do: vampire tetra

For the coolest, it would have to be muddskippers or dwarf puffers:)
Most colorful fish: diamond tetra, when the light hits them: bam! Color!
Ugliest: never owned them, hope I never do: vampire tetra

Glad to hear someone else appreciates diamonds. I got 10 in my 75g and they are beautiful fish. Active and like you said, when the lights hits them just right they are stunning.

Coolest:scooter Blenny, that guy is just awesome.
Most colorful: emperor angel, never owned one but that can't stop me from admiring the fish.
Most disliked, damsels, lol do I need a reason?

This is a really rough one have / had so many cool fish so I'll go with the top 5: Hypseclera Temparalis (chocolate cichlid), Uaru, Oscars, Labeotropheus Fuelleborni, Angels
Flashy/colorful top picks: Killifish, Discus, Guppies, Peacocks and Haplochromis sps
Ugly can't really pick one since what some would consider "ugly" "unappealing" are my 2 lunker plec refugee and personally think they're pretty awesome

I haven't owned these, but:
coolest: African Cichlids, Oscars, Jack Dempseys, Green Terrors
most colorful: German Blue Rams, dwarf gourami, discus
ugliest: blind cave fish. I used to think blood red parrots were also ugly but they have really grown on me.

Oscar for me.

Easy to raise (water wise, not size wise). You can train it, you can pet it in the water, teach it to pop a ball around and out of the tank and it always acts happy to see you. It can even tell the difference between it's owner and someone else most of the time.

Ugliest, bubble eyed goldfish with fan tails. They always look like they can barely stay swimming and are in pain with those bulged eyes.

Coolest:scooter Blenny, that guy is just awesome.
Most colorful: emperor angel, never owned one but that can't stop me from admiring the fish.
Most disliked, damsels, lol do I need a reason?

Googled emperor angels. I am absolutely stunned. They look amazing. I am also stunned by their price tag. 132 dollars for a juvie at petco!

coolest: african butterfly or a baby whale
most colorful: guppies
ugliest: i hate those hatchet fish so much!

Back
Top Bottom