Dissapointment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alyxx

Aquarium Advice Addict
So, as some of you know, I purchased a gorgeous black betta on aquabid earlier in the week. As of yesterday, the seller had informed me he would ship today and the fish would arrive tomorrow. After waiting all day to receive the tracking number he promised, I got an email from him at like 10:30 saying that he didn't have any of the strain of Bettas I bought left. They had sold out weeks ago. The listing wasn't even that old. Not only did he not have the fish I payed for, but no others like it. So if he did, he probably would have just shipped some random sibling that may have not looked as nice as the one pictured, even though the listing was for that individual fish. I'm so mad. I spent all day painting a white background on his tank so he would stand out in the tank and now there is no black betta to put in it. I found a nice black hmpk on aquabid, though, and now I'm just waiting to hear back from the transshipper to get him ordered. I was hoping to avoid going through a transshipper but there aren't any other nice blacks available from any US sources. Ugggggggh. Anyone else have a deal like this go wrong?

It happens with more than just fish.. lots of times there are many different people involved and the info the person posting the stuff on the internet may be inaccurate of what is for sale. In the end, it is just bad communication and they should get you a discount of some sort when they get another one in or do something for you since it is there fault. It is unfair to you, sorry to hear that about your fish.

He offered a deal on any other fish I may want from him and he gave me a full refund. However, it was just the black one I was interested in. He had a nice white one available, and while I do eventually want a pure white betta I don't have room for one right now. I want to build a shelf to hold a few 10 gallons, but for now I just don't have any floor/counter/stands to put new tanks on. I want to put another 10 right beside this one, painted black with black sand for a white male betta. But that will be who knows how long in the future.

wanted to let you know that its really not uncommon for sellers to only post 1 pic as a representation of the betta you will recieve. Most spawns have so many bettas that look a like, that it becomes a pain to try and photograph each individual one out of a spawn of 200+. Its just not feasable.
Obviously the "fancies" will be individually photographed, but multis, solids, even marbles, will usually have a general representation of them.
This is especially true with traditional plakats. the sellers are selling a strain, not a betta for its looks, they are selling it as a fighter.
The sellers will still give you one of that same quality and one that has the same form, finnage, and near the same color, but it usually is not that exact betta.

Just putting it out there so you know for future referance. I dont like seeing people dissapointed over this kind of stuff, but it's kind of hard to avoid. Bettas have soo many fry! It sometimes takes a good 2 hours to get a good shot of a single betta, imagine doing that with over 200, sometimes up to 500

wanted to let you know that its really not uncommon for sellers to only post 1 pic as a representation of the betta you will recieve. Most spawns have so many bettas that look a like, that it becomes a pain to try and photograph each individual one out of a spawn of 200+. Its just not feasable.
Obviously the "fancies" will be individually photographed, but multis, solids, even marbles, will usually have a general representation of them.
This is especially true with traditional plakats. the sellers are selling a strain, not a betta for its looks, they are selling it as a fighter.
The sellers will still give you one of that same quality and one that has the same form, finnage, and near the same color, but it usually is not that exact betta.

Just putting it out there so you know for future referance. I dont like seeing people dissapointed over this kind of stuff, but it's kind of hard to avoid. Bettas have soo many fry! It sometimes takes a good 2 hours to get a good shot of a single betta, imagine doing that with over 200, sometimes up to 500

True, but this listing was a "you get the betta pictured" listing. Also, he still has a listing up for this strain. Although he doesn't have any left...

That is really frustrating. I try and ask a question to the seller to test if they are responsive before I buy.

Wright a really bad review on aquabid - report him to aquabid too who was it?

Sifu_plakat is the seller. I only left a neutral review because he did refund me completely, but I will report him if his other auction for a black betta isn't down today, seeing he said he was out of that strain entirely.

Sifu_plakat is the seller. I only left a neutral review because he did refund me completely, but I will report him if his other auction for a black betta isn't down today, seeing he said he was out of that strain entirely.

It's still there. I buy stuff of aquabid and it is a huge deal for false listings. ! Report it , ppl like that makes everyone else who is legit look bad too

There's a place called bettastore.com or something like that that seems to be selling lots of black orchid bettas, maybe try there?

Back
Top Bottom