How many pets do you have in your bedroom?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Goldfish loach boy

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi, I am thinking of doing some changes, by upgrading my leopard geckos 10 gallon to a 20 gallon long
I want to put a panther gecko in the 10 gallon since they are small, but my parents say my room is getting pretty full
So how many pets do you have in your bedroom, and how many cages?
1 29 gallon tank
1 guinea pig cage with a single guinea pig
1 10 gallon with 2 leopard geckos
Do you think that that s too much
How much do you have?

Now I just have a dog a cat and fish tanks. At one time though, I had three birds,, one Guinea pig, two dwarf hamsters, one syrian hamster, two dogs, and a 20 gallon fish tank. I say the more the merrier! :D

Hey, me too!
Overall I have 1 bearded dragon, one 55 gallon tank, one 29 gallon tank, a beta tank, 2 leopard geckos, 1 ball python, 1 corn snake, 2 garter snakes, three anoles, one Jackson's chameleon, one crested chameleon, one Guinea pig, two cockatoos, 2 long tailed lizards, two dogs, and one cat, is that a lot or what :/

For the first time in a long while there are no pets in my bedroom! For years I had a tank in my bedroom but when I moved last year I put them all in other locations, although I did keep a betta in there for a while. My bedroom is pretty much the only room save the bathroom that doesn't have a tank!

Man, right now I am handling my geckos, I took my beardie for a walk, I have given my guinea pig an obstacle course, I have sat to watch my fish
I don't know what i would do without my pets! Specially in my room, that sucks!

in my room I have 2 5g tanks and 2 3g tanks all for bettas! I have an empty 10g in my closet I'm just waiting on the funds I need to get everything for it... I got the tank for $5 at goodwill! I'm also hoping to get a 75g for an oscar but I'd have to get rid of some old stuff to make one fit into my room!! I'm also trying to get a bird (maybe a parakeet or cockatiel) but my mom is saying no..

Hey, me too!
Overall I have 1 bearded dragon, one 55 gallon tank, one 29 gallon tank, a beta tank, 2 leopard geckos, 1 ball python, 1 corn snake, 2 garter snakes, three anoles, one Jackson's chameleon, one crested chameleon, one Guinea pig, two cockatoos, 2 long tailed lizards, two dogs, and one cat, is that a lot or what :/

It's normal for a pet enthusiast. :). I can tell u love reptiles more than anything else. I keep a 20 gal high, 3-4 sterilite boxes for breeding mealworms ( to feed koi and crayfish ), a glass can with lots of algae for my baby giant apple snails, a 10 gal with baby koi fry, and a container with my apple snail egg clutches. My downstairs and backyard have pets as well. :)

Wow, that's cool! I would like to grow mealworms, as they are quite pricey, but I really don't know how to!
It's awesome how you have koi, I really want this stream like thing to go around my backyard, but how much would that cost!
Cool you also have fry, I have only successfully bred my leopard geckos, I sell hatchlings when they are about four months old
I do really like reptiles, I hope I can get a tokay gecko soon
Nice that you have koi!!!!

Wow, that's cool! I would like to grow mealworms, as they are quite pricey, but I really don't know how to!
It's awesome how you have koi, I really want this stream like thing to go around my backyard, but how much would that cost!
Cool you also have fry, I have only successfully bred my leopard geckos, I sell hatchlings when they are about four months old
I do really like reptiles, I hope I can get a tokay gecko soon
Nice that you have koi!!!!

It's pretty easy breeding mealworms. I order mine off of eBay. I buy 1000 for $12. U just wait till mealworms turn into pupa then into beetles. The beetles will mate and lay mealworms eggs. Then the babies will grow bigger and bigger until u can see them. ( the first baby mealworms r microscopic.) I learned how to breed them just by watching YouTube videos. Lol.
I dug my pond myself. I also had a neighbor giving away a pond liner for free. Another neighbor was overstocked with koi so he gave me some for free too. And they were all breeding size! The only hard part about setting up a pond is digging the hole. I have multiple ponds near me that I go catch tadpoles/frogs every year during the spring/summer. I have at least 50-70 koi fry.
If u want a stream around the backyard, get some long plastic liners ( not pre-formed ) and dig the trench at least 2 feet deep if u are in the colder areas ( above New York ). If u r live lower than NJ, u can just dig it 1.5 feet deep. Also be wary of any local herons that will find fish as a tasty snack. A fake statue of a heron will make sure no others come.

I only have my 25 reef, 45 freshwater, 2.5 beta ,and 1 gal. shrimp tank. I am wanting to set up a 10 gal. gerbil tank though.

I only have my 25 reef, 45 freshwater, 2.5 beta ,and 1 gal. shrimp tank. I am wanting to set up a 10 gal. gerbil tank though.

I love gerbils. I have 2. Used to have 3. One died of old age a few months ago. I keep the 2 in a 10 gal and 20 gal long.

I remember walking into pet-smart and seeing them in their tank. They reminded me much of kangaroos, but I was on a mission, and I stuck to it. Still wondering how, cause gerbils are adorable. What colors are yours?

It's pretty easy breeding mealworms. I order mine off of eBay. I buy 1000 for $12. U just wait till mealworms turn into pupa then into beetles. The beetles will mate and lay mealworms eggs. Then the babies will grow bigger and bigger until u can see them. ( the first baby mealworms r microscopic.) I learned how to breed them just by watching YouTube videos. Lol.
I dug my pond myself. I also had a neighbor giving away a pond liner for free. Another neighbor was overstocked with koi so he gave me some for free too. And they were all breeding size! The only hard part about setting up a pond is digging the hole. I have multiple ponds near me that I go catch tadpoles/frogs every year during the spring/summer. I have at least 50-70 koi fry.
If u want a stream around the backyard, get some long plastic liners ( not pre-formed ) and dig the trench at least 2 feet deep if u are in the colder areas ( above New York ). If u r live lower than NJ, u can just dig it 1.5 feet deep. Also be wary of any local herons that will find fish as a tasty snack. A fake statue of a heron will make sure no others come.

1000 worms for 12, dang! That's a bargain!
Petsmart has 35 for like 3 bucks, so I end up wasting like 30 dollars a month just on mealworms!
Man, I'll defenetly see about that koi tank, I live in el paso, Texas, summers get to be like 105, and the coldest we got this winter was like24, so yea, that's about it
There really are no herons here, it's just desert, probably vultures are the biggest thing we have, but they won't get the fish, probably with my dogs and sulcata tortoises being around

Nice, why don't you get guinea pigs, they are really cute & nice!
They love to be held and every time I get home from school, and when they see me, they just stand on their hind legs and start jumping around hoping for a treat like a banana or an apple piece

Goldfish loach boy said:
Nice, why don't you get guinea pigs, they are really cute & nice!
They love to be held and every time I get home from school, and when they see me, they just stand on their hind legs and start jumping around hoping for a treat like a banana or an apple piece

Bunnies are nice like that too, except most aren't fond of being held. I miss the heck out of mine, and if I wasn't eyeball deep in kittens right now I would get one. But where I am looking to move has a one pet policy and we are already hoping to negotiate two kittens.

Back
Top Bottom