I'm alive..and surivied Hurricane CHarley

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

William

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey all.

I don't have much time to post [ I'm stealing time from the Generator while the others are away ]

So I'll just say, I ahve alot of pictures of the hurricanes aftermath that I'll post on my website when I get power.

I do not have power, They estimate it its return for us by thursday.

Massive damnage all around me, Power poles broke in half, hundred year oaks ripped from the ground roots and all, cars crushed.

I made it through with minimal damage.

We're surviving the Florida heat with a Generator hooked up to a window AC unit :D

I'll be back when our power is returned, Hopefully soon!

OMG - thank goodness! We have been wondering, especially since you vowed not to evacuate... color me relieved. :D

Hope you get your power back soon, and when my power was out last summer for the hurricane a few hours a day running my tanks on the generator was all I needed. Good luck -

Good to see you made it through William. Lots of folks here were worried about you. I hope all the critters made it too.

Mike

Good thing you made it through with minimal damage. Sucks to be those who not only lost their precious fish, but there homes and jobs and everything they new that existed. It would be hard to restart life after that. Good thing I live in California.

Hey, I am trying to comfort myself.....get with the program!

LOL, jk....yeah kinda scary....

Hey glad your ok as well William! I was watching that 'check in' thread for Florida people!!

Cool Beans, William! Very glad you are ok.

After Hurricane Isabel up here last year, I have a pretty good idea what you are going through, hang tough!

Glad you had a chance to post William, we were worried about you since you hadnt been around for a few days.

Glad your o.k.

Just got my power back today

the crews from Pike Energy and Duke Power from the Carolina's really rock.

They are hero's here, they worked harder and faster than any of the other crews I saw.

The only damage I got as far as propperty wise, was the large tree in my front yard was literally ripped out by the roots and fell on my mothers car, and smashed her rear door in. Insurance is covering it.

As far as livestock goes.

My Condylactus Gigantae died, and my Feather Duster is not looking good. He shed his crown yesterday, and is about 2 inches out of his tube right now laying on the rock, but moving around.

Also, all my filter feeding sponges appear to have died off.

Hermits survived, tho. 3 of them even molted during this little adventure. including the Electric Blue.

Welcome back to the land of electricity, William. Sorry for your losses. :(

In our neighborhood, we love a crew from Southeastern Electric Coop in Mississippi. They're the ones that got our power back on.

When Isabel came through it was amazing to see the power crews from many states come and camp out - the larger parking lots like Walmart would have quite an array of trucks. They worked extremely hard and put in long difficult hours to help out - and far from home. You gotta give your props to those guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom