ITs always something.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

William

Aquarium Advice Addict
Last month, I had to deal with the sewage main that ran to my house when it burst.

The month before that I had to deal with concreted in clog [ Literally, even the plumbers most powerful auger couldn't get through it, like concrete was poured down the drain ] in said sewer main.

and this month, Well, My water main decided to burst!

Had a nice little gyser gushing from my front yard. Spent the better part of the day digging up my front yard looking for said pipe, and said hole.

After moving about a ton of earth by hand I finally found the tiniest little pinhole in the pipe, And with the preasure in the pipe the water from this tiny pin hole had cut through almost 4 feet of solid, compacted dirt in order to break the surface.

I finally got down to the pipe, and now a massive storm is brewing overhead, and I can't go get a patch for the pipe until someone brings my car back.

So, I'm stuck without water, and a major storm over head.

Some morning its just not worth getting out of bed :wink: :p

did you try putting a chewed up piece of gum over the hole...works on tv

Or better yet Homer stopped flooding on a sub once with an earing, could you do that?

The preasures involved with the water gushing in through a pinhole on a sub at maximum death is enough to cut a mans hand off... Theres no way he could get close enough to stick an earing in, and he'd have to overcome 2000+ PSI of water to even work the thing into the hole.

..... I'm being to technical, arn't I?

tbonem91 said:
you did call the utility company right? If so, then I'd go back to bed :) so sorry to hear about your difficulties... that really bites

Its on my end of things, so its my problem and I have to fix it :p

The preasures involved with the water gushing in through a pinhole on a sub at maximum death is enough to cut a mans hand off... Theres no way he could get close enough to stick an earing in, and he'd have to overcome 2000+ PSI of water to even work the thing into the hole.

..... I'm being to technical, arn't I?

i was trying to be funny...i served on a sub for way to long i know all about it...he would have been too busy being dead to even think about getting near it to stick an earing in :p

Well, I finally got it fixed after becoming encrusted in the foulest layers of crud imaginable.

Atleast the day ended on a good note :p

I'm not a plumber.

I'm not a electriction.

I'm not a craftsman.

But when it has to be done, I always get it done.

As I'm sure is the story with most people here.

Human ingenuity is a beautiful thing.

I think I would have to say that now, you are officially a plumber, William.

Kudos to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom