Least favorite fish.. why?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rreekers

Aquarium Advice FINatic
what is your least favorite fish and why?

did you have a bad experience with them or dont like the looks of them? ect...

my least favorite fish so far is a pictus catfish. i had 2 of them in my 65g tank and within 29 hours they managed to eat 10 of my other fish.. 3 of which were adult gold dust mollies.. so sad :(

i love the way they look and everything and they are so neat to watch, but even though they were only like 3 inches long or so, they ate all but 3 of my fish :(

zebra damsels / three stripped damsel they are very aggressive killed my hawk fish and almost out fought my clowns(twice the size) eventually my clowns put them in line

I can't say there is a fish I don't like, but there is some I won't ever keep because I enjoy happy-go-lucky community tanks...just a couple I have experienced...both beautiful but not for me!

Zebra Talapia Fish (these get up to 200lbs anyway!!!)
Firemouth Cichlid

My husband added both of these fish to a community tank with rummynose tetras and skirt tetras. He had 2 male firemouths and 1 Zebra T. The zebra T grew really fast! He started bullying everyone (naturally...not a timid fish) and the larger firemouth kept the littler guy stuck up behind the filter intake. It was so sad! Plus, someone ate the rummynose clan in the night!!!

I would say Dwarf Gouramis. They are beautiful fish but I have bought them on 3 separate occasions and they always died on me. When I see them at the fish stores both the LFS and the big chain stores they always look sickly.

Probably mollies for me too. To many people have repetitive questions about them. You would think they would read the thread right below theirs, it would give them all the answers.

After much thought, the verdict is in. Sorry, but it's got to be parrot cichlids. I don't know what it is, but I just think they are so ugly.

Silver dollars and blood parrots (more on blood parrots) all my blood parrots do is hide and aren't natural I wish they were :/ also I don't dislike silver dollars they just look weird.

Fishie said:
Silver dollars and blood parrots (more on blood parrots) all my blood parrots do is hide and aren't natural I wish they were :/ also I don't dislike silver dollars they just look weird.

I agree with silver dollars. They tear up plants too

I can't say there is a fish I don't like, but there is some I won't ever keep because I enjoy happy-go-lucky community tanks...just a couple I have experienced...both beautiful but not for me!

Zebra Talapia Fish (these get up to 200lbs anyway!!!)
Firemouth Cichlid

My husband added both of these fish to a community tank with rummynose tetras and skirt tetras. He had 2 male firemouths and 1 Zebra T. The zebra T grew really fast! He started bullying everyone (naturally...not a timid fish) and the larger firemouth kept the littler guy stuck up behind the filter intake. It was so sad! Plus, someone ate the rummynose clan in the night!!!

I believe you have been misinformed at some point, It's really hard to imagine a 15''-20'' max Tilapia butterkoferi reaching anything more than a few pounds.

Back
Top Bottom