Leaving on a Northeast road trip!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shawmutt

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well, tomorrow is the day. I'm packing up the car today, and the wife and I are leaving first thing after work tomorrow (I work third shift so that's 8AM). Gone for two weeks, the longest vacation I've had in 12 years. I have a couple stops planned--CT to visit family, NH to climb Mt. Washington for the third time (it will be my wife's first hike up), driving to ME to eat lobster in a nice restaurant and finding a boat to do some whale watching, and then driving around eastern Canada visiting relatives and seeing the country a bit. We plan on wrapping up the trip by making the long trek (13 hours, the longest leg of the trip) to Ontario and crossing the border at Niagra Falls.

The only electronic items I'm bringing with me are the camcorder and camera, no laptop, no internet! We are completely unplugged for 2 weeks! I'm gonna party like it's 1989 :D

I'll still be checking the site until I leave, if anyone has any suggestions or must see places in my travels, but after 8 tomorrow morning, I am OUTTA HERE!

Shawmutt...you plan to just drive right through NY without stopping? Since you will inevitably hit some major traffic...when you get to 95N, after the GW Bridge (aka - Cross Bronx Expwy), take a breather and get off at Bartow Av./Bay Plaza Shopping Ctr. Do some shopping...have a meal and grab a movie. :D

My husband and I just returned from a 2 week motorcycle trip up through Maine, into New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island. Some 'must see' items: Cape Enrage in New Brunswick, St. Martin's (NB), Campobello Island (technicall New Brunswick; off the coast of Maine).

I have more if you want 'em. :)

Cool ideas, thanks! Just starting to pack the car now, I got 5 hours before I go to work, 13 hours before I'm on the road.

Shawmutt...you plan to just drive right through NY without stopping? Since you will inevitably hit some major traffic...when you get to 95N, after the GW Bridge (aka - Cross Bronx Expwy)

I stopped going through NYC when it took me 9 hours to get here from CT one time (a 5 1/2 hour trip). I go straight up 81 to Scranton, PA and then straight across 84 to CT. Best part--one toll, totalling $1! Plus the trip is only 6 hours. The only downside is that they shut the whole highway down when there's an accident, one time it took me 7 hours instead of six.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom