Melafix & human ouchies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

crazyred

Aquarium Advice Addict
I know it says on the bottle "Not for human consumption or for fish intended for human consumption", but I think that means not to drink it or use it to treat food fish. Can it be used on our cuts and scrapes as well? Just curious. :roll:

LOL I take better care of the fish than I do me! No, I have some here @ work to treat a fish with tail rot and I got a paper cut and was wondering about using the Melafix since it is right here on my desk. LOL

Or you can do what my father does for a small cut: spit on it and wrap it up with duct tape! Better yet, do what my grandfather did when he cut himself on the job: drip hot tar on the wound. :lol: :lol:

I prefer Neosporin ointment with benzocaine - takes the sting out.

*BTW, my grandfather lived into his 90s and my father is still going strong in his 80s. :wink:

Superglue is the BEST remedy IMO. My doctor was the first to suggest it to me. It is sterile and it seals the cut from air as well as aids in the healing process by keeping the skin tightly together. Just don't touch anything until it is dry.

I am allergic to adhesive bandaids so this has been a lifesaver for me.

crazyred said:
I know it says on the bottle "Not for human consumption or for fish intended for human consumption", but I think that means not to drink it or use it to treat food fish. Can it be used on our cuts and scrapes as well? Just curious. :roll:

i think they put that on because they dont want to run the risk of humans getting sick from it. by saying not for humans, they immune themselves to legal problems.

just a heads up, pimafix, melafixs cousin, causes cancer, and is made from natural herbal leaves

Crazyglue was invented by the military for use in "battlefield wound closure"... They used it instead of stitches for the speed with which it works and it's ability to work even if the wound was wet or bloody.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom