my drill broke so.. which one should i get

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

krap101

Aquarium Advice Addict
should i get the rotozip rebel or the rotozip solaris? does anybody have these? which ones better?

or is there something else anybody would reccommend? okay lol guess nobody has a rotozip

so.. are rotozips bad? or is there something like godlike in drills?

Do you want a plain old drill, or a drill-saw? What size holes and what material/thickness?

I've been very happy with my cordless DeWalt drill/driver - very powerful, long lasting battery recharges in 15 min.
http://www.dewalt.com/us/products/tool_detail.asp?productID=190

I don't have a rotozip. I'd like to get one, but I've heard that it takes some practice to use properly.
I've read that Rotozip has been bought by Bosch Tool, and that they've come out with several new models. http://www.rotozip.com/
You may be able to get the older Rotozip models cheap, but I would check with Bosch that you can still buy parts.

ive decided not go get the rotozip now.. i was thinking i could use it for cutting and screwing stuff. but now that i look at it.. 30000 rpms is enough to strip a good screw in a couple secs.

what are some good things to look for in a drill?

oh i need a new drill to build my stand. but i want a good one so it'll last longer etc.

it turns out that if ebay stays good ill be able to get both the rotozip and the dewalt

The DeWalt I mentioned is variable speed, and has 17 torque levels, so you'll never strip a screw. It's got great power too - I've used mine on very hard woods like oak and maple. It even has enough power to drill multiple holes through 1/4 inch thick aluminum alloy.

The DeWalt is nice, but unless you are a contractor you are more or less just paying for a name. I would suggest a Craftsman (Sears) or Ridgid (most other places).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom