Sick juvenile guppy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Decoyjayman

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello all! I've got a young guppy (unsure of age but he's about half the size of our adult guppies) who seems pretty sick. Two days ago he seemed kind of lethargic, and yesterday i found him sitting at the bottom of the tank not doing much. I couldn't see anything externally wrong with him, so i treated the tank with prazipro and put him in a little isolation box with some frogbit to keep him from getting snacked on before he has a chance to recover. He'll occasionally swim to the top of the isolation box, looks like he's looking for food.

I had also seen him flashing against the substrate on occasion, which i've read can mean flukes or other parasites, so that's another reason i went with prazipro.

The tank is 50gal moderately planted with 6 other male guppies, cherry shrimp, 1-2 pom pom crabs, 1 Mexican dwarf crayfish, and various peaceful snails. We do about a 30% water change every 1-2 weeks.

Parameters:
Temp: 77.7
pH: 7.4-7.6
Ammonia: 0ppm
Nitrites: 0ppm
Nitrates: ~10ppm (mostly for the plants)
Water is relatively hard

All parameters are very close to the water he came from. Please let me know if there is anything else i can do for him, or if i'm going the complete wrong direction here.

Attachments

• 20200911_150304.jpg
    20200911_150304.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 39
Back
Top Bottom