The bane of your fishkeeping existance!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
herp_mommy said:
start a club on campus. I know it's a lot of paperwork, but it would be worth it to get the word out.

that would be great! my bro in law has been telling me about going to uga.

I dislike that much the general fishkeeping populace in the states are oblivious to the hundreds of colorful and interesting native fish right under their noses.

Preach it brother!!

I'm loving my native species tanks. So interesting and different.

I'm also going to add the selling of species that shouldn't be sold in your average store since most people are absolutely clueless and don't do research prior to buying;

common plecos
pacu
silver dollars
oscars

Just to name a few.

I die a little inside seeing ill-equipped people buying them, or reading their posts.

Currently I'm going on my 3rd hour of boiling my new driftwood. It's a beautiful piece, but this boiling is driving me nuts!!! It kind of looks like a baby pig.

Hmmm... I was actually going to say it looks like a demon fetus birthed from the womb of an angry tree. But, to each their own. I have some lava rock that looks a screaming person.

absolutangel04 said:
Hmmm... I was actually going to say it looks like a demon fetus birthed from the womb of an angry tree. But, to each their own. I have some lava rock that looks a screaming person.

It looks like the pig fetus I dissected in high school bio. So I guess it's a mix of the two?

I hate that my house isnt big enough to house all the tanks I want to buy but dont have enough room for. I have two at my mom's house and she wont allow anymore

Live crickets...

3 got away from me while I was dumping the bag into my plastic cage. And have been driving me crazy for 4 nights now. I killed 1, but the other two are always on opposite sides of my room taking turns mocking me. So much so I had to sleep on the couch last night.

I hate to laugh but that is just too funny, but my heart does go out to you tho

Mine is that my girlfriend doesn't like fish as much as I do :/ I got her started on fish and she has a 10 gal but she can't talk about them all day like me... I have to refrain myself from talking about them to her too much haha

Pckerfreak44 said:
Mine is that my girlfriend doesn't like fish as much as I do :/ I got her started on fish and she has a 10 gal but she can't talk about them all day like me... I have to refrain myself from talking about them to her too much haha

Agahahaha! This is my exact problem as well! Minus my gf having a tank. Lol

bigbanker said:
My arms aren't long enough!!

Same here!

Today my bane was losing electricity. It's back on now and everyone is ok, but I was anxious all day.

Alyxx said:
Haha, I end up without a shirt more often than not. Even shirts with very short sleeves end up wet otherwise.

Another bane is starting a siphon. I haven't found the parts yet to rig my garden hose up to be a python, so my current water change method on the 56 is to start a siphon the old fashioned way, with my mouth, on a 50 foot garden hose just so I don't have to deal with so many buckets to change water on that tank. Just went outside and spent 15 minutes getting a siphon started, but now I get to sit back and watch the water level slowly get lower before I hook the hose up and refill. At least I have no worries about matching temp, it's so hot outside that the water in the hose comes out pretty warm. Man I need a python...

I hated the changes too, but I made a little DYI last week, and even though I don't love the water changes :), I don't mind them nearly as much. What I did was this, I bought a large siphon with the priming ball on it, removed the hose from after the ball, and attached a standard 5/8 garden hose I bought at Wal-Mart for 10 bucks. You have to cut one end off the hose, but that's why I bought the cheap one. My tanks are upstairs in my house, so I run the hose out over the balcony, squeeze the priming ball 2-3 times, and let it run. I was able to do a 50% change on both my 55 and 37 gallon tanks today in about 30 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom