The fish are watching...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Edmonton Eskimo

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Have you ever wondered if our fish watch us as much as we watch them? I notice quite often that they congregate and are seemingly staring at me and discussing amongst themselves. I wonder if they mimick the comments"oh! oh! look at that one" or "wow did you see what that one did"
I know I sure have said it to them quite often.

I sit and wonder how smart my fishies really are, with the amazing things you see them do in that little tank. I bet they wonder just what the heck I am doing sometimes. I know if I sit at the computer for a while my puffer comes to the glass, looking like, ok, enough computer, time for some dinner! Haha!

Edmonton Eskimo said:
I notice quite often that they congregate and are seemingly staring at me and discussing amongst themselves. I wonder if they mimick the comments"oh! oh! look at that one" or "wow did you see what that one did"

And do they name us? :lol:

And do they name us?
:biglol:
Not just us, but other pets, like cats and dogs? "There's the big fuzzy one who tries to eat our food :roll:." "Here comes the tall one--oh, OH! bloodworms!?!?! Oh please, oh please oh please" ....

Toirtis said:
"Oh ****, its Mr. Creosote!" :lol:
LOL! That's the first thing that popped into my mind too! :D
"Hey, look. Howard's being eaten."
"Is he? Makes you think, doesn't it? I mean, what's it all about?"

Anyway, my cichlids definitely check me out whenever I'm in the livingroom. And I don't think it just has to do with begging for food either! I get the sense that they're actually observing me while I'm watching TV or reading the paper.

One of my angels (RIP) used to do this regularily. Walk by tank, he swam with you. Stare into tank, he stared right back. We even played "follow the finger". I don't know if he was watching us because he was curious as to what we were or, maybe thought we were food??? Makes you think...don't it?

My jawfish watch me all the time. Especially when I get home from work; all of my fish look towards the door when I walk in.

My cat watches me shower....

Its a little un-nerving standing there wet, totally naked, while the cat justs stares at me.

8O

RocketSeason said:
My cat watches me shower....

Its a little un-nerving standing there wet, totally naked, while the cat justs stares at me.

8O

Does he jump in? Because if not, I suggest you invest in a shower curtain..

(my cat has not afforded me this luxury, nor the luxury of dry floors or furniture until several hours after each shower)

oh i have a shower curtain corty. she sits on the edge of the tub and peeks her head around the corner.

she is one of these cats that are facinated by water, but she, of course, hates getting wet....so naturally I spray her with the shower head any chance I get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom