The move is almost over (long)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishyfanatic

Aquarium Advice Addict
It is now Day 2 of the move. This is the first chance that I have had with the internet. Things are going....ok. It didn't rain like it was supposed to, but instead it was 90 degrees outside. I would have preferred the rain. My parents and brother/girlfriend/nephew came down today. They were just here to check the place out and they ended up pairing off.

My dad and brother came with James to the new house and installed the ceiling fans. My dad said that I couldn't have picked out ceiling fans that were more difficult to put together. :D But they sure are pretty. That's what he kept saying to me "They are a pain in the BUTT, but they sure are pretty." He just HAS to mock me. :D

While they did that, myself, my mom, Mandi, and Hunter stayed at the old loft and cleaned. It wasn't supposed to be that way, but they got some kind of cleaning kick going and just started pulling out the oven, cleaning the upstairs, everything. It was nice, but was unexpected. I wasn't prepared to clean but ended up behind the fridge and under the washer/dryer. You really need to clean those things more than once every two years. But really, you can't see under the fridge, so why clean it? :roll: My thoughts anyways.

So now at 3:50 on day two, just about everything is moved. The house is a COMPLETE mess, but at least most of it is all here. The installer from Dish Network was supposed to come yesterday and install the satelite between the hours of noon and 5. So I sat here all day yesterday putting stuff away instead of moving. The guys friend calls at 5:30 and says that the installer fell off the roof of someones house and the other installer won't be here until Saturday. Ugh. He was supposed to be here at 2:00, but I bet he won't be here until 5. You never realize how much you love your satelite until you don't have it. I feel so out of touch with the world events.

The only things left to move are the fish tanks and cleaning supplies. James had to take his brothers truck back to him this afternoon so we don't have a truck. That's all fine and dandy, except how in the HECK are we going to move that 150 gal tank? It sure isn't fitting in my car. We'll just have to strap it to the roof and drive slow. :D Just kidding. I don't know how it's going to get moved. The washer and dryer still aren't hooked up yet. Ugh. I'm not looking forward to tomorrow. He has a flight meeting all afternoon and won't be here so it's just me and Nemo.

Nemo has adjusted quite well. He stayed in the bath tub most of the day (it must be something with cats LOVING the bath tub) and finally ventured out into the living room around 6:30 last night. But ever since then he has been walking tall (instead of crouching down and walking/running) and exploring everything. His new favorite place is the living room floor right in front of the double doors. He just sits in front of it and stares outside trying to catch a bug the flies to the glass. It's so cute.

The one thing I wasn't expecting is having to clean so much. All the other apts I have lived in were spotless when we moved in. This place I had to scrub the cabinet doors, clean the windows, scrape off paint from the glass. AND, the woman that came in and painted right before we moved in is REALLY bad at her job. She painted over every electrical outlet (painting them shut), every phone jack, and every tv hookup box. All of the tv jacks have to be replaced because their is paint inside the little hole and all around the connectors. That just figures.

But, the bright side, we live in a substantially bigger place now WITH a garage. The 55 gal tank is FINALLY going up. :D That's the only tank that is moved, but I think just because it was empty.

Sorry that this is so long guys. Just a diary of a move. :D Tonight we tackle the surround sound and washer/dryer hookup. But at least we have the ceiling fans. :D

hmmmm sounds fun ! lol can you post a pic ? you could put da fishies and everything ontop of your coar and drive REALLY REALLY SLOW lol it might only weigh aboot 1 ton! lol, but GOOD luck satillite peple NEVER come on time :)

They didn't show up at all. So I called DishNetwork and basically said what is the deal? I spend 2 days sitting at my house and the guy never shows up. They offered me $20 off my bill. Woopdedo. So I have to take off work all day on Tuesday and wait for the guy to come. I'm losing a days pay over this and gaining $20 towards my satelite bill. I've never had this problem before. They have come and set up satelite at my 2 previous apts and have always been there the day that they were supposed to, AND, they were early. I have been playing The Sims all afternoon waiting for them to get here. After beating it so many times you just get tired of it. We can't even watch dvd's beacuse we have to put the entertainment stand in place then hook up all the thingymabobs which we can't do until the satelite is installed. So I've just been laying on the floor playing XBox. *sigh* I guess just the troubles of moving. I would just start putting everything away, but the living room is the only room left and we have to move the tanks first. BUT, we have pretty ceiling fans. :D

Moving sucks. Glad you are almost done with the process and you can enjoy your own space. Hey...did you at least give your brother's girlfriend a can of soda? :wink:

HAHA. Actually, she went out and bought sodas while we were at the loft. I moved them yesterday to the new house and there wasn't anything to drink except for water. I did take everyone out for lunch to Tequilas (Mexican Rest.) which just happens to be everyone's favorite place. We all had a good time together today. My dad just called and asked if we had installed the washer and dryer yet and I said no becuse James wasn't here and he said, Ok, all you do is get out the owners manual and they will tell you how to install it. You can do it yourself. YEAH RIGHT! Then he proceeded to tell me how to hook up the dryer vent with clamps and screws and that's when I started to kind of tune out of the conversation. It's kind of like the time I told him I needed him to change my oil so he proceeded to tell me OVER THE PHONE how to change it. At the time I owned a Sebring where the oil filter is tucked away, hidden. Lets just say that my car had to stay put for a day before he could get down here to finish the job. :D You think he would have learned.

I called the installer for the satelite and left a kind of nasty message on his cell phone voice mail and he just called back and said that he is backed up and he wouldn't be able to get back to us until maybe Tuesday evening, probably Wednesday. Now I'm not one for confrontation, but I just kind of let him have it. He then said that he's about an hour away and he will be here as soon as possible, TONIGHT. And that he would have it installed before he went home. You know, I hate to be mean to people, I really do. I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it. And I won't, unless someone gets on my last nerve and just keeps pushing and pushing. And this guy just got on my last nerve for blowing me off for two days. So hopefully tonight I'll be surfing the channels. :D And we're getting a DVR receiver, I'm SO excited.

Has anyone ever used a DVR Receiver? I'm curious how well they work and how difficult they are to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom