Turning water changes into workouts....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lmw80

Aquarium Advice Addict
Does anyone else do this? I don't really mean a "workout"...this is what I do:

When I have filled the bucket up (I think it's 5 gallons), I carry it to the slop sink using both hands (maybe one day I will be up to one hand!) but I put the bulk of the weight on my left arm, then the next time, I put the bulk of the weight on my right arm....weight traning while doing water changes!

I have definitly noticed a difference in the last month or so.

Anyone else do anything like this or am I the only extreme multitasker/crazy person? :lol:

I still do the bucket method too. One bucket, one hand. Two buckets would just mean that I would spill 10 gal all over the place.

yeah, I use buckets. Definitely a workout, lol. I have to take the handle with both hands, and lift it a few inches off the floor between my legs. 5 gallons.

I'm with you Zagz. Too lazy so I use the python. I don't think we'd do the appropriate water changes if we had to use buckets again. I couldn't even imagine it.

I have it the awfull way..i have yet to buy a python, so i use a half galon pitcher that we used to use as kids for koolade. that's definatly a pain to do. i make alot of trips back and forth to the bathroom from my bedroom..

wow that is a lot more work than just using a few 5 gal buckets!! less of a muscle workout and more of a cardio??? I usually do 2) 5 gal buckets at a time....eventually i hope to do curls with them as i walk between the bathroom and fishtanks ;) lol 8O just kidding.

Just carrying two at once makes me tired...i have to stand on tiptoes to do it since i am so short..otherwise the buckets skim the ground and water goes everywhere...sucks being short :roll:

Psyhampster said:
yeah, I use buckets. Definitely a workout, lol. I have to take the handle with both hands, and lift it a few inches off the floor between my legs. 5 gallons.

I do the exact same thing!

jennymit21 said:
Just carrying two at once makes me tired...i have to stand on tiptoes to do it since i am so short..otherwise the buckets skim the ground and water goes everywhere...sucks being short

lol, I totally understand! I am only 4'9" (and a half!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom