What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wc on both tanks. In the 10g I have been babying a sprig of water wisteria that I left floating for about a month, now it's a nice mat. I moved it to the 29 which has a sprig of wisteria so I'm doing it all over again. added new dw to the 29g. It's been a productive Friday. On CL, I found a 70g tank+stand. It's 75 obo and for an extra $20, they will deliver. I have the $$ but I've to hold myself back from buying it. :no room; :bang head:

That sounds Like me and tanks I saw a 200g on the Canadian version of CL(kijiji), for 650$ with 2 fluval fx5 filters, stand, heater,..... Plus free delivery and a guarantee it doesn't leak. I took all my self control not to buy it (also not sure my floors could handle the weight)

Haha, today I realized that I made a bit of a mistake last night...

All day, I've noticed a funny smell in the area around my kitchen/part of my living room. A nasty dead seafood smell. I checked around my crayfish tank on my kitchen counter for escapees and I did a headcount on my 56 gallon that is in the living room near the kitchen. Everyone was accounted for. Thought it could possibly be something in the fridge that has gone bad, but I just cleaned the fridge out. Then a few minutes ago I remembered that I set frozen brine and bloodworms out to thaw and couldn't remember actually feeding them to the fish. Look on top of the tank, and there the cup was, reeking of bad seafood. Our air conditioner is not working well, so the place averages about 80 degrees. So it was pretty gross. So I rinsed the cup and thawed some more, so tonight they will get their frozen food. I was clearly forgetful last night - earlier I threw out the leftover mashed potatoes I forgot to put in the fridge last night.

I had a "you know you got it bad" moment. I just couldn't wait to do my weekly routine pwc and maintenance today because I really like doing it. It isn't work. It's a labor of love. The most work of it is clean the buckets, brushes, gravel vac and putting them all away. The actual work on and in the tank just doesn't seem like work.

And after that today, I just sat back and enjoyed watching my happy fish doing their fishy things.

I had a "you know you got it bad" moment. I just couldn't wait to do my weekly routine pwc and maintenance today because I really like doing it. It isn't work. It's a labor of love. The most work of it is clean the buckets, brushes, gravel vac and putting them all away. The actual work on and in the tank just doesn't seem like work.

And after that today, I just sat back and enjoyed watching my happy fish doing their fishy things.

I love how you call it a labor of love. So true.

I removed the rocks from my tank, and replaced with another two caves ready for my apistogrammas. I moved some plants around and will be picking up some more today. I also removed my fluval u2 and left my fluval u3's in there. The tank is really coming along! Tonight I will add some almond leaf extract to get the pH on a slow decent ready for the apiso's.

Hi trimmed up the plants in my six foot tank and rehomed the Red Tail Black Shark,he had started really harassing my Colombian Tetras to the point they were not coming out:hide: Added some more bogwood and done a 90 litre water change,now planning on new additions:fish2: Tomorrow cleaning the fluval 405 and doing a 60 litre water change on me five footer and probably rescue loads of shrimps from the filter:lol:

I found 2 dead otos not too sure what happened tested the water all was perfect (0,0,5) did a 50%pwc just to mske sure

Spent my day looking for my baby crawfish since i havent saw them in 3days.. Finally found them

Fed half my tanks fasted the other half

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130713_213412.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130713_213412.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 74
  • ForumRunner_20130713_213721.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130713_213721.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 69
  • ForumRunner_20130713_213917.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130713_213917.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 64
Spent my day looking for my baby crawfish since i haven't saw them in 3days.. Finally found them

Fed half my tanks fasted the other half

Beautiful Crays and soooo cute little babies!!!

Added water to the pond and found someone disconnected their electrical extension cord plug, thinking it was the extension cord for the table saw in the garage :facepalm: That means it was shut off for two days, but the fish seemed fine.

Need to do pwc on 72G tonight or tomorrow...so tired though!

Planted some microsword to try to make a carpet with. And noticed I have 2-3 kenyi cichlids holding.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130714_005223.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130714_005223.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 82
Went and bought 5 more kuhli loaches and 18 ghost shrimp. I was acclimating 6 of the shrimp for my bettas tank, he's not been good with shrimp & I was trying again, they hit the water and he took one out:(. So the 5 lucky ones went in the 29 with everyone else. It was a good sized shrimp too.

Went and bought 5 more kuhli loaches and 18 ghost shrimp. I was acclimating 6 of the shrimp for my bettas tank, he's not been good with shrimp & I was trying again, they hit the water and he took one out:(. So the 5 lucky ones went in the 29 with everyone else. It was a good sized shrimp too.

LOL This is why I haven't even attempted it. :)

Back
Top Bottom