What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Turned on the lights. Fed everyone and watched the girls as they are getting used to their tank mates. No more aggression! Everyone is happy and well occupied! Shipped out some snails and duckweed.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app

50% water change. Dropped some lettuce in, after taking a couple bites for myself. Tested PH and nitrates. Watched the fish.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Got some neon tetras for the 30 in the living room( will be in QT for the next month) a few plants (some for the 10 gallon betta tank and some for the 30) as well as some filter media to replace the stuff I took out to kick start the cycle in the betta and the QT tanks.

And tried to convince to parents to let me rescue 9 goldfish in a 10 gal off Craigslist... If I get them they will go in the pond outside in the spring

Got some neon tetras for the 30 in the living room( will be in QT for the next month) a few plants (some for the 10 gallon betta tank and some for the 30) as well as some filter media to replace the stuff I took out to kick start the cycle in the betta and the QT tanks.

And tried to convince to parents to let me rescue 9 goldfish in a 10 gal off Craigslist... If I get them they will go in the pond outside in the spring

Dont put gold fish in a local pond, they can spread pathogen and parasites to the local fish and kill them. Like the american chesnut tree blight.

It's my personal pond.... It was built as a water tank for a large ranch, my dad bought it As a swimming pool when I was a toddler but I never took to swimming, then my brother wanted to make a fish pond out of it.

It's about 1000 gallons.

Hi you can collect plenty of decor for free,just look around any local woodlands and find some suitable branches,just make sure its not rotten{a good squeeze will show if its rotten or not if it 'crumbles' or feels soft leave it alone}Sorry I have forgotten which trees are fish safe,but thin Oak and Silver birch are OK? But i would check on here first! Also rocks and pebbles are easy to find,almost anywhere,just give a dam good clean and rinse and then give the 'vinegar' treatment{just pour some on and see if it reacts,if it does leave well alone!}This is the joy of bigger tanks as the local shop simply do not usually have big enough decor!

I live in central Florida and just about everything around here is limestone and the woods are all pine and oak and not the kind of oak you want in a fish tank trust me. I know how to test things and I know what I want in the tank I just have had other expenses that take priority

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I live in central Florida and just about everything around here is limestone and the woods are all pine and oak and not the kind of oak you want in a fish tank trust me. I know how to test things and I know what I want in the tank I just have had other expenses that take priority

I found an old root stump from a dead young cherry tree. Someone dumped landscaping waste (grass clippings, twigs, small branches, etc.) off the road by the creek. I was on a hunt for anything interesting and after three hikes on three different days next to different rivers and creeks, found nothing useful but that! Someone else's trash, :whistle:

So keep your eyes open for some other interesting options, even contacting some landscapers who pull out young trees and replace them, you never know, LOL. Even home depots will take back dead trees, you could always keep your eyes open there too, just clean it really well. Since I didn't know of its origins, just soaked for a very long time and changed the water frequently, and scrubbed it very well several times.

It is the stumpy, spiky piece in between the outer two smoother pieces, at the center. Free & cool!
60074-albums11380-picture57008.jpg

I found an old root stump from a dead young cherry tree. Someone dumped landscaping waste (grass clippings, twigs, small branches, etc.) off the road by the creek. I was on a hunt for anything interesting and after three hikes on three different days next to different rivers and creeks, found nothing useful but that! Someone else's trash, :whistle:

So keep your eyes open for some other interesting options, even contacting some landscapers who pull out young trees and replace them, you never know, LOL. Even home depots will take back dead trees, you could always keep your eyes open there too, just clean it really well. Since I didn't know of its origins, just soaked for a very long time and changed the water frequently, and scrubbed it very well several times.

It is the stumpy, spiky piece in between the outer two smoother pieces, at the center. Free & cool!

Looks great! Really natural

Ive tried putting found driftwood in my tanks and it was never good. I stick to only mopani and Malaysian.

Looks great, sooooooo much DW and plants!!!

You decorate your sump?

Lol. Not really they were all laying flat along the bottom and i pushed them to one side to give the chaeto more moving room. I do however have a decor scull in my sump from my old fw days. Its covered in coraline and fan worms. Why not?

Started the cleaning of all tanks.

From the 2.5G - Moved two Rili shrimp to my Chi tank and one Blue Velvet Shrimp that grew up and now looks perfect moved to the 12G Edge with the rest of the BVs. Took out and cleaned everything in the tank, rinsed the substrate, removed the RH snails rocks and plants and replanted for the soon to be new owner. Moved a couple little plants from the 16G over to the 2.5G so it would look nice.

Started moving plants from the 16G to other tanks. This tank will also be shut down unless I decide to keep it up for a QT, although I have a 5G I could use and not have to keep up all the time.

Moved some Petrified Wood stones into the 37G Koi Angel tank.

Getting ready to sift out all the MTS snails out of the substrate to pass on to someone else. Need to clean it out too.

Since it is Arctic cold here right now, I am trying to focus on the smaller tanks first so I can dump the water in the tub.

Responded to a ad from someone saying they were moving and had free fish, and to come get them before they flushed them!!!!!:banghead: dumb people! Haven't heard back yet.

Added a couple small plants in my Chi 5G tank.

Found a Edge Tank for sale for 40. but I am trying to reduce my number of tanks...debating this situation in my rational mind, wanting run and grab it for my aquatic adventure mind, lol...:angel:

Posted a note to some one who was interested in my Aqueon 2.5G mini bowfront.

Back
Top Bottom