What's the best fishkeeping experience?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What water provides best fishkeeping experience?

• Saltwater

Votes: 20 50.0%
  • Freshwater

Votes: 19 47.5%
  • Brackish

Votes: 1 2.5%

• Total voters

musicman

Aquarium Advice Activist
What water provides the best fishkeeping experience?

Between Saltwater, Freshwater and Brackish. Which provides the best fishkeeping experience? Post your thoughts here.

Defenantly saltwter.. you can get whatever your imagination can think of... the algea is a nice complement.. and the fish are sooo colorful... its no contest.

it comes down to taste. there are limitless options for both. with fresh water more people tend to have more tanks. so many different types of fish then you get into breeding and so forth.

I also agree with MGamer.It depends on your individual preferences, I prefer FW because I am hooked on cichlids...

I would think that a FW tank is a better starting place for a beginner, but thats not to say they lack complexity. Ive seen saltwater tanks that are just amazing visually and the fish are on average much more colorful and exotic, but ive also seen freshwater tanks that can give any salt water tank a run for its money.
In the end I would say that the fishkeeping experience depends on how much the fishkeeper is willing to invest in time and effort in his or her tank. No one ever gets a good experience out of anything if they arent willing to make an investment in the hobby. The fishkeeper that attends to thier tanks well and takes the time to do everything properly will have a rewarding experience regardless of the type of tank

I refuse to agree with MG. lol

But yea... it's about personal taste and interest.

I agree with the personal taste. I am a slatie, but I love the scaping "themes" and variations I have seen in the FW section.

It all comes down to personal taste. I've seen a lot of mind boggling reef setups, but then I look at Travis Simonson's tank and it blows the reefs away.

A planted tank with Africans, whether you are salty or freshy...that is impressive.

Travis_18.jpg

That tank makes me want to be a fish..... I became a freshy because it was easier for a beginner but both have tons to offer.

Saltwater tanks require a lot of experience and are not suitable for beginners. For a beginner, I would recommend a freshwater community tank.

I would say it all depends on what you personally are looking for in a fishkeeping experience. I prefer freshwater as of now, because that is what I am familiar with. But saltwater is definitely appealing to me too.

I think any and all can be the best experience. It all depends on what your goals are. If you want a challenge, a relaxing hobby, to create the most natural environment etc.
I will do a SW tank one day....but for now I am a freshie with salty dreams. :)

i would have to say it's secret answer d: the same experience. we all get the same thing out of creating our own little eco-system to play god over.
bow to me puny fish :clown:

whether it's SW, BW or FW it's the enjoyment of spending time on something that takes your mind off of the troubles in the world. to come home after working hard all day and just watch and listen to the aquarium and be able to relax for a while.

The best fish keeping experience is the one where fish don't die.

I actually really like both fw and sw.

Back
Top Bottom