whats your favorite fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

what's your favorite fish?

• betta

Votes: 10 10.1%
  • corys

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • loaches

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • algae eaters

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • barbs

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • tetras

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • guppies

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • gouramis

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • cichlids

Votes: 30 30.3%
  • sharks/minnows

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • other

Votes: 23 23.2%

• Total voters
Hands down, it's Gouramis for me! From the way they're shaped to their awesome personality; they're like an East Asian equivalent to cichlids! Though I'm currently in love with Badis fish... They're like a cross between gouramis and cichlids and they change colors like a chameleon! :D

Cyprichromis leptosoma Kigoma
cyprleptokigo.jpg

Just. Wow.

Thanks. They are wow yeah. I actually used the pictures of the breeder’s where mine are from, as I had no decent pictures of mine and as I had moved countries since I had to donate min to My cousin. I recently bought some 2 inch babies of the same colour variant, so fingers crossed I will able to do my own pics soon. I have no words for how beautiful are them. :) They are just light brown as yet.

Bettas and oscars :) i love fish with personality, fishiality, if you will

its like asking an alcoholic which beer he/she likes best.

i personally love my mollies, but like an alcoholic, i will take em all.

My favourite fish have changed in the last week to my two new baby fancy goldfish, I bought them on Friday for my little boy who is seven to look after as the marine tank is mine (well I do all the work) the pond is my husbands and my little boy sammy wanted his own tank and fish to look after, we had the tank and everything to either set up a tropical tank or cold water, we went around four different shops and he choose these two little babies and they are the most cutest fish in the world, the way they swim wiggle there whole little fat bodies is adorable and they are so friendly they eat of your finger after just two days of having them, oh I love them wish they where mine, but I still love my marines that's why I've just brought a bigger tank, (I've asked a question if anyone can advise me that would be wonderful) SO A BIG THUMBS UP FOR FANCY GOLDFISH,

At first it was the tiger- barbs, especially the green T-barb. Then the Black Ruby barbs. The more and more I research Barbs.. my favorite fish are those in the Puntius genus. There are so many color, size and shape variations.... Go barbs!

My favorite fish are:

American Flag Fish
Golden Dojo Loach
Cichlids
Guppies
Angelfish
Lionheads

I love my Platys. I have 8, and they have so much personality. Theyre goofy as heck, and just entertaining to watch the silly things they do.
For instance, we call the filter their "tredmill". Because they tend to try and swim up into the currest of the water pouring into the tank, and then when they get to the top they let the water push them back down. They'll do it for ever.

Hypselecara Temparalis aka Chocolate Cichlid or Emerald Cichlid absolute favorite fish and have been for many years now. The pic is of my first big male Mr. Chocolatta (RIP) - Why them, they were my big fish fix after raising & spawning Oscars, still got oodles of personality yet the option of having other fish in the tank
img_1503921_0_3c880ea7ed295b3815d17f9273148576.jpg

Back
Top Bottom