What's your story?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joyler

Aquarium Advice Addict
What's the story behind your first aquarium? How old were you? What did you have? Why an aquarium and not a puppy or kitten?

I was very young...maybe 5...had a simple goldfish in a bowl :) one fake plant and some colored gravel! It sat up on my dresser that at that point was a little taller than I was...the worst part is, I remember trying to pet it...Awww to be 5 again! Ignorance is bliss...unless you're a fish I guess :)

The first "tank" my parents ever bought me was when I was like...3 or something. It was a BOWL shaped like a gumball machine with a little comet goldfish. Haha we had kitties and puppies too. I've always lived in a zoo.

My first tank was when I was 5, It was a 10 gallon with 2 male betta (blue and red), but I didnt last long........ :( I was more interested in fish than dogs or cats, never really asked for one.

tyspot1000 said:
My first tank was when I was 5, It was a 10 gallon with 2 male betta (blue and red), but I didnt last long........ :( I was more interested in fish than dogs or cats, never really asked for one.

I hope they were divided :)

My first was when I was around 10. It was a small plastic goldfish tank that I kept a goldfish in that I won at a fair. It actually lived for over 5 years but ended up silver! Lol

When I was seven I had a little .5 gallon tank that I kept a goldfish in. I had won it at a fair! It lived for two years! And with the amount I fed it, I'm amazed it lived for two weeks!;)

I won some goldfish at a fair too...I thought it would only last a few days but the thing ended up livin for 7 years! It was incredible!

I had a 10 gallon with a pleco and zebra danios..I was 5? 4? Not too sure. But I've evolved lol. My dad and I have been keeping a pond since I was 8 though

three years ago my family got a pond and about six or seven 13 cent feeder fish (comets) and we havent lost a single one to this day. :)

when i was 5 or 7 mmy grandfather had a 20g n it was bliss ever sence i have my own 15g now and a dogg at my dads at a cat at my moms and a leo gecko at my moms :) i love aniimals big n small furry n scally

Sent from my Vortex using Aquarium

It's probably because our parents helped us and made it look easy! Then we grow up and try it again, and well... We figure out just how much they were helping us.:)

Back
Top Bottom