Writing paper about wild caught and transported fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cgthebeast

Aquarium Advice Addict
So in English, I have to write a two page persuasive paper about a topic of my choice ,so I thought "why not right about the harvesting of fish for large chain pet stores or is it saving the species like the red tailed shark?" Any info,opinion, ect. Would be helpful

Please and thank you

Persuasive writing it best not to stray too far from a main point. Is this 2 pages handwritten or typed?

Also, you need to pick a side of the argument. If you want your topic of discussion to be large scale chain store fish, you'd look at the ethics behind staff misinforming customers about care needs, poor tank conditions and the overproduction of goldfish to meet consumer needs. Relate it to be about profit-hungry big corporations.

I'd suggest briefly mentioning that just because it's cheaper doesnt mean its better and that you pay for what you get. Well owned LFS fish will be better quality - live longer. This can save money in the long run instead of replacing fish, and the customer service you receive at a reputable LFS (in regards to teaching about cycles and managing fish illness) will save time and money invested in a relatively expensive hobby, that large chain stores can often not provide the same customer service as their focus is on mass production and selling, rather than meeting individual needs of customers.

Handwritten, you nailed my outline of it on the head actually. My petco fish quality is horrendous and I rather pay 20$ for a high quality goldfish then for a 5 cents for one. I want to write about behind the scenes, how the disease spreads through the huge filter an infects the whole tank

I think the saltwater side of things would be a good approach to the topic. Most saltwater aquarium fish are still wild caught. You could even bring to light the way some fish are caught in the wild using cyanide to stun them killing most fish and a lot of coral in the process.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom